2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want a DT that wants to be here..im not wishing liner anything..verbal commitments mean zero..Liner should have done this sooner.he handled the process well....hahahaha

If AU did not learn this after Cyrus and classless Yeldon, AU fans will never learn.

"Classless" Yeldon has a championship ring. Is he really that bad of a guy because he picked a school that won a NC versues a school that won 3 games? Use logical sense please.

You should not post on situations when you obviously do not know what you are talking about... This is a recruiting forum, not a football forum. This is about Yeldon as a former AU commit, recruit, and what he did to wreck us.

Unreal. Blame our problems on 1 kid.

If in fact our coaches called it off, I am glad to know that these coaches won't/can't be played. I think it is important to this team to have the adults running the show...

Well said.

SIAP But Dee and Auburn have moved on so can we move this thread on to the Rivals page?

Why? Maybe he re-commits to AU.

Nope. He and our coaches have moved on. Our coaches called his bluff today.

This is what impresses me. CGM and Co. are down to business and taking names. The changes this past month when taken on the whole is pretty amazing and very hands on active to secure the players needed to become competitive. In the end, the difference between a 5* and a 3* is their position coach.

Move it to Rivals...enough tears...my Nook is about to short out from the weeping posts.

I want a DT that wants to be here..im not wishing liner anything..verbal commitments mean zero..Liner should have done this sooner.he handled the process well....hahahaha

If AU did not learn this after Cyrus and classless Yeldon, AU fans will never learn.

"Classless" Yeldon has a championship ring. Is he really that bad of a guy because he picked a school that won a NC versues a school that won 3 games? Use logical sense please.

You should not post on situations when you obviously do not know what you are talking about... This is a recruiting forum, not a football forum. This is about Yeldon as a former AU commit, recruit, and what he did to wreck us.

I don't think anyone is blaming our problems on 1 kid. Yes....it is one thing to decommit or sign with another school, but the manner in which he did was classless!

Why is everyone blasting Dee? To the best of my knowledge nobody on our new staff had even spoken to Dee much less recruited him. Maybe Garner?

I wish the young kid the best of luck!!!

I haven't read back all the pages on this thread, but has Liner officially committed to the Turd, or is that what everybody's expecting him to do? I for one am sorry he's gone---at least for the time being and possibly forever---but maybe there's a chance AU can reel him back in. However, if he's gone, he's gone. AU will be AU. It will be interesting to see if the media that slammed AU for offering Liner after all the legal mess he's been in lately will they now praise Bama for wanting to "take a chance" on a kid who's had problems.

So we blast Yeldon and Liner, but we all laugh when Reuben switched his commitment from Bama to us...using a very similar speech to Yeldon's? Recruiting is a game and this is how the game is played. Nothing really matters until they sign the dotted line and people need to get that through their heads. I agree it's frustrating when a guy "commits" to Auburn and then switches, but that's how it goes. We have no problem swaying verbals from other schools to come here. There was bound to be turnover in recruiting after all the program has gone through in the past few months. Be patient, we have a great staff and are headed in the right direction.

SIAP But Dee and Auburn have moved on so can we move this thread on to the Rivals page?

sorry, i missed it. i've seen a few of you also say something about the coaches "calling his bluff." what happened exactly? i know there were rumors about him switching on NSD. i just figured he decided to break it to us early. i guess this isn't what happened? coaches called him out?

please explain! thanks.

So we blast Yeldon and Liner, but we all laugh when Reuben switched his commitment from Bama to us...using a very similar speech to Yeldon's? Recruiting is a game and this is how the game is played. Nothing really matters until they sign the dotted line and people need to get that through their heads. I agree it's frustrating when a guy "commits" to Auburn and then switches, but that's how it goes. We have no problem swaying verbals from other schools to come here. There was bound to be turnover in recruiting after all the program has gone through in the past few months. Be patient, we have a great staff and are headed in the right direction.

I dont blast kids for switching commitments but i will not sit quiet as they try to play us and switch late like this. Fortunately we caught it early

Why is everyone blasting Dee? To the best of my knowledge nobody on our new staff had even spoken to Dee much less recruited him. Maybe Garner?

Because his plan was to stay committed, then flip on NSD and screw us. I have too much Auburn in me so I say in spite of his intentions I do wish him the best of luck in his life and pray for maturity from the young man.

Cameron Toney@CToney47

If you're not All In Idk why you even come around.

Most all of them came around while our past coaching staff was here. If you didn't brace for things like this when we divorced all of them then you are to blame for the shock.

Gus will do fine but I would have loved to land Liner.

Because his plan was to stay committed, then flip on NSD and screw us. I have too much Auburn in me so I say in spite of his intentions I do wish him the best of luck in his life and pray for maturity from the young man.

+1000

sorry, i missed it. i've seen a few of you also say something about the coaches "calling his bluff." what happened exactly? i know there were rumors about him switching on NSD. i just figured he decided to break it to us early. i guess this isn't what happened? coaches called him out?

please explain! thanks.

Just as Saban caught on to Reuben's original plan to flip to us on NSD and told him to decommit our coaches realized the same about Dee and asked him to decommit.

Remember guys, we all reap what we sow sooner or later. I just hope for Dee's sake that he learns from this situation. Here's to hoping. I also love the idea of the staff calling his bluff. Had to be done. Period!!!

Cat was out of the bad. Our coaches flushed it out. He really had no choice but to decommit. There was no reason fo him to wait until signing day to flip except to damage AU recruiting so we couldn't replace his spot with another great athlete.

Archived