2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

I hope when Dee reached out to RG, RG told Dee that AU was not interested because it was a business decision.

He had the audacity to actually do that?? :lmao:/>

Thats what KN on 247 said. Dee reached out to RG about coming to AU and RG told him "no thanks".

sometimes it pays off in the end...

to be honest, we got a few better ones.

missed his chance.

Agreed. I hope learned a lesson here.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What lesson did we learn for how it went down with guys like westry and Sullivan?

Apples and oranges. Westry and Sullivan landed in good places. Neither one dumped all over Auburn. We all wish them the best. Liner did dump on us and I don't think anybody associated with AU wants him around here in any way, shape or form. I wish the others the best. I do not wish Liner the best. I know he won't lose sleep over that, but that's how it is. I can't believe he had the gall to approach AU about playing here. Is he lacking in the smarts dept?

What lesson did we learn for how it went down with guys like westry and Sullivan?

Apples and oranges. Westry and Sullivan landed in good places. Neither one dumped all over Auburn. We all wish them the best. Liner did dump on us and I don't think anybody associated with AU wants him around here in any way, shape or form. I wish the others the best. I do not wish Liner the best. I know he won't lose sleep over that, but that's how it is. I can't believe he had the gall to approach AU about playing here. Is he lacking in the smarts dept?

I agree you don't get to go back to the table you crapped all over. I wish we had made him think he could switch over to us tehn at the last second told him that we changed our minds.

Apples and oranges to you because you couldn't follow

Let me get this straight....After Liner committed to bammer, signed the LOI, and enrolled bammer, he wanted to leave bammer and come to Auburn? I am not sure about the whole process for Liner. Please let me know the order of events involved with this young man.

Let me get this straight....After Liner committed to bammer, signed the LOI, and enrolled bammer, he wanted to leave bammer and come to Auburn? I am not sure about the whole process for Liner. Please let me know the order of events involved with this young man.

Dee Liner originally committed to Auburn during Chizik's last year at AU. While constantly claiming his commitment to AU was firm, he was spending practically every weekend in Tuscaloosa. Chizik is fired and Malzahn is hired. Gus visits with Liner and there was speculation at the time that Liner was asked to start coming to AU on weekends to help recruit. Apparently that conversation did not go as expected. There was more speculation that Gus---smelling a rat with Liner---pulled the scholarship offer. Liner committed and signed with Bama, and wore blue pants and an orange shirt on NSA. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I'm sure if I omitted something or misstated something, someone on here will correct me.

Dee Liner originally committed to Auburn during Chizik's last year at AU. While constantly claiming his commitment to AU was firm, he was spending practically every weekend in Tuscaloosa. Chizik is fired and Malzahn is hired. Gus visits with Liner and there was speculation at the time that Liner was asked to start coming to AU on weekends to help recruit. Apparently that conversation did not go as expected. There was more speculation that Gus---smelling a rat with Liner---pulled the scholarship offer. Liner committed and signed with Bama, and wore blue pants and an orange shirt on NSA. That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I'm sure if I omitted something or misstated something, someone on here will correct me.

Yep, even saying he grew up an Auburn fan. He was probably going to flip with or without chiz. Quoting a 'Business decision'

Glad he went there and not causing trouble for us.

Interested to hear if anything comes out

Archived