2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to say it but the bottom line is that turds offered so much money it couldn't be turned down. I wish my source for this could be revealed but it cannot. I can say that the person I heard this from knows first hand that this is the case. TIFWIW

The turds have been getting away with it forever and will continue. :angry:

I say "**** LINER"!!! Who needs him...let him go play for the turds or the bama jrs in SC.

i say you need to be kicked off of this message board and given a timeout

Auburn didn't pull his offer yet, it is still a possibility for him to sign back with us. Bashing this kid doesn't do any good

He said he was no longer considering AU.

I've seen this in multiple threads, so I figured I'd post it here... please stop saying "I thought Liner was an Auburn fan how could he do this?" It makes you look so ignorant to real life. This is the man's career. If he thinks he has a greater shot at reaching his ultimate goal (NFL) with UA, then go for it dude. Look at the last several drafts... who could blame him?

I would bet Coach Garner has put as many DL in the NFL as bama has over the last decade.

I hate to say it but the bottom line is that turds offered so much money it couldn't be turned down. I wish my source for this could be revealed but it cannot. I can say that the person I heard this from knows first hand that this is the case. TIFWIW

How much and how was it paid?

20 dollar walgreens card.

Auburn didn't pull his offer yet, it is still a possibility for him to sign back with us. Bashing this kid doesn't do any good

I might be in the minority but I wouldn't take himif he crawled all the way to Auburn. Mark my words... he will be an issue anywhere he goes.

I do find it interesting that, for someone like LIner who claimed to have been a life-long AUBURN fan, he's not even going to give the new staff a chance. Hell, even Foster is giving the new staff a chance to bring him back to the fold.

I do find it interesting that, for someone like LIner who claimed to have been a life-long AUBURN fan, he's not even going to give the new staff a chance. Hell, even Foster is giving the new staff a chance to bring him back to the fold.

I really question if he indeed ever was a fan.

But which one is it? Stay committed but still be unsure then if he decommits everyone is mad and he played us. He decommits now and says he didn't want to play for this staff and then it's he's not giving us a chance. They wanted him to make a decision now and he did, can't be mad his choice.

But which one is it? Stay committed but still be unsure then if he decommits everyone is mad and he played us. He decommits now and says he didn't want to play for this staff and then it's he's not giving us a chance. They wanted him to make a decision now and he did, can't be mad his choice.

I think if you re-read my post, what I was saying about him not giving our staff a chance had to do with the fact that he supposedly was a life-long AU fan (and I got that information from reading the posts when he first committed to AU many months ago). I can understand why he decommitted since hd made his original commitment to the Chizik staff, but I don't understand why he won't even give this new staff---and this new staff seems to be head and shoulders better than the Chizik regime---a chance to sell themselves to him. Yes, it's his choice to make. As far as Liner "playing" us, I don't know if he was doing that or not. I guess really only Liner knows that for sure.

close to six figure range and I would assume it hasn't been yet since he isn't signed?

EDIT: I was also told today by the same source that we pulled his offer.

Exactly, it's his decision. It's better for both parties to know now than later.

The real question is how do you go from committed to "auburns no longer an option"? Either we told him to leave or someone gave him and incentive to go elsewhere.

The real question is how do you go from committed to "auburns no longer an option"? Either we told him to leave or someone gave him and incentive to go elsewhere.

Guys, just like most on here, we all speculate and believe to some degree that UAT is involved in some shady business; but we need some hard evidence (FACTS) to confirm the latter part of your last statement.

Guys, just like most on here, we all speculate and believe to some degree that UAT is involved in some shady business; but we need some hard evidence (FACTS) to confirm the latter part of your last statement.

AMEN!

Speculation, rumors, innuendo, tin-foil hats and black helicopters get you nowhere! Provide a paper trail and you're in buisness. Provide evidence and a paper trail like South Carolina did with the $14.99/day hotel stays for the football players that went on for nearly 2 years and you're in buisness. Provide a copy of a check paid from the school to an agent like Kelly/Oregon to Willie Lyles and you're in buisness.

********(Pure speculation)********** From what I have heard from people i have talked to and read on different posts, it sounds like he went on his OV to UAT and they had a lot to offer. He came back to Gus and staff and held UAT offer over their head, and apparently Gus told him to have fun playing ball elsewhere b/c his offer had been pulled. Respectively they let him make the announcement!! *******(Pure speculation)*******. Is there any hard evidence to back that up or am I wrong?

The way I've heard it. The feel that this was going to end up like the Yeldon situation and the coaches told him to quit flirting with other schools. They asked him to show he was fully committed or get off the bus.

The way I've heard it. The feel that this was going to end up like the Yeldon situation and the coaches told him to quit flirting with other schools. They asked him to show he was fully committed or get off the bus.

I see, and glad to see they (coaching staff) have a set now!! Sounds great!!

Archived