2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

Garbage attitude and glad to see it go. Reminds me of Seastrunk. We will have our glory day in the hot sun! Haha. Nachoooooooo! One of the biggest liars I have ever heard.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong for committing to a team and decommitting! It blows because we all know where he is going to end up but thats part of the game. Now that being said personally he could of been one of favorite players at Auburn but now since he is probably going to the enemy I hope he gets put on his back several times when we play them!

I HAVE LITTLE FACTS, BUT HERE IS MY PIECED TOGETHER STORY BASED ON SOME FACT: So it appears that BOL mods were correct, Dee told not only Alabama players but coaches weeks ago about his intentions of signing with Alabama, yet kept this under his hat to play Auburn. Coaches got wind of this from other recruits and finally told him to hit the road yesterday. This would make his statement about "Auburn not being in the mix" make more sense....can't commit to a school you don't have an offer to.

How much of this is fact and how much of this is Z4Z's running with a good story??

I HAVE LITTLE FACTS, BUT HERE IS MY PIECED TOGETHER STORY BASED ON SOME FACT: So it appears that BOL mods were correct, Dee told not only Alabama players but coaches weeks ago about his intentions of signing with Alabama, yet kept this under his hat to play Auburn. Coaches got wind of this from other recruits and finally told him to hit the road yesterday. This would make his statement about "Auburn not being in the mix" make more sense....can't commit to a school you don't have an offer to.

How much of this is fact and how much of this is Z4Z's running with a good story??

If this scenario is true---that Liner was planning to play the AU coaches all along until signing day---I wonder what was he hoping to accomplish by doing that? I guess the Collins kid at Bama let the cat out of the bag with his tweet the other day, about looking forward to Liner being on his team (the grammar he used shows that he's a good representative of UA). I believe I read that it was pulled not long afterwards, so it could be that someone, whether it was Liner of one of the UA coaches, made him pull that remark so the ruse could play on. I know there's the rivalry between the 2 schools, and will be as long as the 2 schools exist, but DAMN---the Calloway deal, the Cyrus K commitment to AU on NSD then signs with Bama, the Yeldon deal, and now this: Has Bama, even with all their recent successes, gotten so paranoid about AU that they see the need to pull these kinds of stunts? Are they that worried that AU may actually produce a winning team in the near future? Has Iron Bowl 2010 REALLY gotten them so vicious that they go this far? I think I hate them worse than I did.

SIAP But Dee and Auburn have moved on so can we move this thread on to the Rivals page?

Why? Maybe he re-commits to AU.

Nope. He and our coaches have moved on. Our coaches called his bluff today.

Finally, I think we moved on weeks ago.

I don't think it was the 2010 Iron Bowl. I think it was 2010 signing day. If you remember even though bama won the NC Auburn "won" signing day in 2010. The talk on signing day 2010 was all about Auburn and how well Auburn recruited and even out recruited bama despite the NC.

IMHO Saban had his own "never again" moment that day, and to ensure bama won signing day he had a high need, impact player commit to Auburn with the full intention of being a bama "signing day surprise".

IMHO Liner was always going to go to bama and he was Saban's “signing day surprise.” Much like Yeldon his job was to ensure bama won signing day and make the Auburn coaching staff look foolish to the recruits in the know.

I don't look at Liner and Yeldon from the perspective of being a traitor just as I don't look at an American spy serving in a hostile nation as a traitor. IMO these two guys were performing a service for their boss and their loyalties never wavered.

In my opinion he has some immature grudge against Rodney Garner and that's why he decommited. Why would RG only meet with his dad? I'm sure he wanted to meet with DL when he went but DL probably didn't even want to hear him out. I liked DL through the whole recruiting process until we hired RG and kept hearing about the whining he had over not getting an offer right away.

Think you're talking about Lawson.

In my opinion he has some immature grudge against Rodney Garner and that's why he decommited. Why would RG only meet with his dad? I'm sure he wanted to meet with DL when he went but DL probably didn't even want to hear him out. I liked DL through the whole recruiting process until we hired RG and kept hearing about the whining he had over not getting an offer right away.

Think you're talking about Lawson.

You're right, Woops it's early...

SIAP But Dee and Auburn have moved on so can we move this thread on to the Rivals page?

This. I believe AU coaches have been fully aware of this for some time. Nothing shocking or new, hence our recruiting of juco DT and other DT's.

This. I believe AU coaches have been fully aware of this for some time. Nothing shocking or new, hence our recruiting of juco DT and other DT's.

+1+1+1++1+1+1+1+1+1+1

Dee will not see immediate playing time if he sticks with his commitment. He is not big enough to play DT currently. Watching that I get; he feels slighted the the new coach hasn't made it a priority to visit him.

When was 294 not big enough to be DT?

Actually, he weighed in officially at 270 at the Under Armor game.

He's one person that we dont need. I hope he enjoys his time where ever he plays. I just hope he never comes back to Auburn more than 2 more times the rest of his life cause he is no longer welcome. Dont let the door hit your in the rear on the way out bud..

Liner has been gone for months. As soon as he and his coach mended thier relastionship he was gone. Everyone cloase to this situation, yes everyone Mikey, knew this and the AU coaches called his BS. Good for AU. Liner was gone before the coaching change. Now we will see if uat gets caught with thier hand in the cookie jar.

Liner has been gone for months. As soon as he and his coach mended thier relastionship he was gone. Everyone cloase to this situation, yes everyone Mikey, knew this and the AU coaches called his BS. Good for AU. Liner was gone before the coaching change. Now we will see if uat gets caught with thier hand in the cookie jar.

I held out hope for a while, but after his First interview at the Miss-AL All-star game I knew he was gone(or at least had a good feeling). Too many red flags to ignore. Then we started recruiting DTs all over the board, that cemented it for me. Oh well. WDE

I don't think it was the 2010 Iron Bowl. I think it was 2010 signing day. If you remember even though bama won the NC Auburn "won" signing day in 2010. The talk on signing day 2010 was all about Auburn and how well Auburn recruited and even out recruited bama despite the NC.

IMHO Saban had his own "never again" moment that day, and to ensure bama won signing day he had a high need, impact player commit to Auburn with the full intention of being a bama "signing day surprise".

IMHO Liner was always going to go to bama and he was Saban's “signing day surprise.” Much like Yeldon his job was to ensure bama won signing day and make the Auburn coaching staff look foolish to the recruits in the know.

I don't look at Liner and Yeldon from the perspective of being a traitor just as I don't look at an American spy serving in a hostile nation as a traitor. IMO these two guys were performing a service for their boss and their loyalties never wavered.

If this is true, then not only is Nick Saban small in stature, he's small in nature as well.

I held out hope for a while, but after his First interview at the Miss-AL All-star game I knew he was gone(or at least had a good feeling). Too many red flags to ignore. Then we started recruiting DTs all over the board, that cemented it for me. Oh well. WDE

Yep. This staff isn't going to be played. The new staff tried hard to keep Liner but they saw the writing on the wall.

I believe Gabe Writht is every bit as good as Dee is to be honest. So in the short term we will be okay with DT once RG coaches up the plethora of talent we have at the d line already. In the long run though it'd of been nice to I gotten DL but others will come. War Eagle

I've seen this in multiple threads, so I figured I'd post it here... please stop saying "I thought Liner was an Auburn fan how could he do this?" It makes you look so ignorant to real life. This is the man's career. If he thinks he has a greater shot at reaching his ultimate goal (NFL) with UA, then go for it dude. Look at the last several drafts... who could blame him?

Archived