Updated article on Toomer Oaks

NoOneAUFan

http://ocm.auburn.edu/news/update110622.pdf

posted this in the other thread. It says that they are looking for new places to roll to carry on the tradition until a definitive answer on whether the trees will make it. Doubt they will allow them to be rolled this fall.

Id like to see it moved to a particular statue of a particular coach.

This is one story I am glad ESPN is still covering. People outside of the state of Alabama, need to know, and be reminded, of the lowness of the Updykes.

I find the way the major sports outlets cover news curious. All of the major outlets picked up the AP story about the Toomers Oaks, but Sporting News was the ONLY one I found that covered the story of Tonya Bray's murder. In my mind, the latter is a much bigger story. Granted, it was a holiday weekend, but it still should have been covered.

Update: CBS Sports has a story on Bray this morning. I also noticed Sporting News has a story on a Purdue RB that went missing Sunday. Looks like that's the place to go for real news.

Here is a comment from a UGA fan I thought was funny.

If the experts are worried that rolling the trees at Toomer's Corner will prevent the trees' recovery, I'm sure the one or two times Auburn wins this season won't hurt them too bad.

:roflol: That was funny

Here is a comment from a UGA fan I thought was funny.

If the experts are worried that rolling the trees at Toomer's Corner will prevent the trees' recovery, I'm sure the one or two times Auburn wins this season won't hurt them too bad.

http://ocm.auburn.edu/news/update110622.pdf

posted this in the other thread. It says that they are looking for new places to roll to carry on the tradition until a definitive answer on whether the trees will make it. Doubt they will allow them to be rolled this fall.

Id like to see it moved to a particular statue of a particular coach.

No need to waste new TP on that. Used will be sufficient.

Archived