Mark My Word 2011

DaddyBoyAU

MMW - Auburn will win 10 games.

MMW - T-bell will have 6 INTs.

MMW - Dyer will have such a great year that he will be the front runner for the 2012 Heisman.

MMW - Richt will be out at the end of the year.

MMW - Malzahan will still be our OC at years end for the upcoming 2012 season.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark My Words: Nick Saban has a brick and broken glass (likely Jim Beam) littering his living room on November 27th, and resigns in early December due to the extensive NCAA investigation into Suitgate. Jim McElwain named interim coach for the bowl game.

Mark My Words: An early 2-loss Arkansas team wins the SECCG by beating a very good 2-loss South Carolina team. Arkansas then goes on to beat a 1-loss Stanford team to claim the NC.

Mark My Words: A 3-loss Auburn team represents the SEC in the BCS Sugar Bowl due to their wins over South Carolina and Arkansas in the regular season. Updykism is at a fever pitch, and the Department of Homeland Security is called in to guard the campus from potential terrorist activities.

Mark My Words, :msu: will win the SEC west but lose to :usc: in the SEC championship game

Mark My Words, :ua: will finish 5th due to an anemic offense

Mark My Words, Texas A&M will win the Big 12-2

Mark My Words, NC state will win the ACC atlantic division (yes that's the Criminoles division) but will still lose to VA Tech in the ACC championship game.

Mark My Words, dark red - maroon, garnett, or whatever you wanna call it - will be on one team in the BCS championship game; but it wont be because Choklahoma, FSU, or 'Bama is in it.

First time poster... so here we go. Here are my General thoughts on a variety of possible outcomes this year. Some are trivial, some are legitimate.

Mark My Words:

-The SEC East will be just as bad if not worse than last year. The Eastern opponent in the SEC CG will have 5 or more losses.

-Tennessee will be a sleeper and takes the division.

-Troy beats Clemson in their season opener.

-Jacksonville State upsets an SEC opponent for a second straight year (Kentucky).

-South Carolina will be just as "hot and cold" as they were last year.

-Navy plays South Carolina closer than anyone expects.

-Auburn HANDILY beats but Miss. State, South Carolina, and Florida (despite the analysts predictions).

-It takes overtime to beat Clemson for the 3rd straight meeting.

-Auburn still finds it difficult to find victory in Fayetteville and Baton Rouge. We lose ugly. :no:

-Auburn finishes season 10-2, only losses to LSU and ARK (the way 2009 should have been).

-Bama losses to Penn. State.

-Auburn beats Bama in November, handing them their 3rd loss of the season.

-Auburn finishes extremely well, but misses out on the BCS games and heads to the cotton Bowl against A&M instead (and I get to see "Jerry's World"!).

-Richt and Nutt are out (one will not finish the season).

-South Alabama beats NC State.

-LSU vs Tennessee in SEC CG, LSU vs Oklahoma in title game, LSU wins (2003 all over again).

Mark My Words:

- No SEC team will be playing for the BCS NC this year ending the SEC's streak

- Oregon will play Oklahoma in the BCS NC game

- Oregon will win the BCS NC

- South Carolina will win the SEC East, and LSU will win the SEC West

- South Carolina will win the SEC Championship and play in the Sugar Bowl

- Alabama will finish the regular season 9-3

- Auburn will finsih the season 7-6

- Houston Nutt somehow keeps his job but Mark Richt will be fired

- Gus Malzahn will leave Auburn after the season to accept the HC job at Clemson

MMW:

- By the end of the season, ESPN and CBS will be comparing Trovon Reed to Percy Harvin.

- Michael Dyer will lead the SEC in Rushing.

- Nosa Eguae will lead the SEC in sacks.

- Auburn will tie for the West title, but will lose the tie breaker to Arkansas.

This was mine from last year on August 13 "Mark My Word Auburn will beat LSU and Georgia this season."

This year...Mark my word Boise (who I hate) will be in the MNC game because of a pathetic schedule and too many one and two loss teams

Boise throttles Georgia by at least two touchdowns

Mark Richt and Houston Nutt will be fired this year

LSU, UAT, AND USC all loose games this year because of bad qb play. I know kinda week but all three qb's here are not very good.

Auburn will go 8-4 and will loose a heart breaker on the road

Ok... Last year I was spot on,so let's see if this thread maybe is magic or something!!!

Mark my Words.........

Auburn will only have ONE regular season loss. That is to Arkansas, but Ark will have two sending AU to the SECCG.

Auburn will have TWO 1,000 yard rushers, One 1,000 reciever, and our QB will have no less than 2,500 yards.

Alabama will have 3 regular season losses and they will be Miss St. Tennessee and Auburn.

Auburn will shock EVERYONE and WIN the SECCG, but be left out of MNC because Boise and Oklahoma will be undefeated (And hardly ANY Auburn fan will even bitch about it, b/c what's fair is fair).

Auburn will win the Sugar bowl in 3 overtimes to a very good Va. Tech team and will be named National Champions by someone.

Alabama will lose their Outback bowl game to Michigan.

Nick Saban is offered the Ohio State job and bolts bama to accept the job.

Ok... Last year I was spot on,so let's see if this thread maybe is magic or something!!!

Mark my Words.........

Auburn will only have ONE regular season loss. That is to Arkansas, but Ark will have two sending AU to the SECCG.

Auburn will have TWO 1,000 yard rushers, One 1,000 reciever, and our QB will have no less than 2,500 yards.

Alabama will have 3 regular season losses and they will be Miss St. Tennessee and Auburn.

Auburn will shock EVERYONE and WIN the SECCG, but be left out of MNC because Boise and Oklahoma will be undefeated (And hardly ANY Auburn fan will even bitch about it, b/c what's fair is fair).

Auburn will win the Sugar bowl in 3 overtimes to a very good Va. Tech team and will be named National Champions by someone.

Alabama will lose their Outback bowl game to Michigan.

Nick Saban is offered the Ohio State job and bolts bama to accept the job.

If we win the SECCG and finish with one loss, AU would be back in the title game! The computers would like us at least.

MMW: Auburn will go 9-3 this year with losses at Arky a heartbreaker to LSU and Florida,but will beat a 3 loss bama team

MMW: LSU will beat Oregon in a Rematch in the title game

MMW:Richt will be fired at UGA only to be hired to replace Spurrier at USCe

MMW:Gus will be hired at Clemson and Auburn hires Rhett Lashley to replace him.

MMW: Auburn preseason pick to win everything in 2012

Mark my words,

-Trovon Reed steps up and becomes Barrett Trotters go-to-guy.

-AU will lead the SEC in rushing yards.

-Malzahn is offered an SEC head coaching job, but turns it down.

-Auburn loses to Clemson, but upsets Arky in a game decided by trickery.

-The tigers will win at Baton Rouge ;)

Kiehl Frazier will win the starting qb job before the mid point of the season. The kid has a nfl level release and velocity on his throws.

Ok I'll bite. Don't usually make predictions but here goes.

Mark my Word:

Auburn wins 10 and is second to LSU in the west.

Alabama Loses 3 SEC games one of those to :au:

UGA falls apart and loses 5 games

AU has three players outgain Trent Richardson

The "Yahoo 10" never materializes

Oh, left one off

The AU return teams become the most feared in the nation.

MMW - This Year's Slogan "We Beat You with Freshmen!"

MMW - Houston Nutt is fired after losing 2 out of their first 3, then comes back and beats UGA.

MMW - UGA will start the season losing 4 out of their first 5.

MMW - Auburn's O will sputter the first 3 games as the OLine "figures things out."

MMW- UT starts the season winning 4 out of their first 5.

MMW- Gus Malzahn will be the next head coach at UGA. He will be the only coach to leave the team after the season.

MMW - Charlie Weis's offense will be BAD.

MMW - USC and UT finish the season tied atop the SECE. USC goes because of a tie-breaker.

MMW- LSU's offense will be worse than it was last year.

MMW -Vandy beats UGA.

MMW - Will Muschamp will have red eyes, from blowing blood vessels in them from yelling too hard. BOOM MF!

• 2 weeks later...

MMW

- Barrett Trotter will start against Utah State and remain the starter all season (barring injury).

Not off to a bad start!

MARK MY WORDS

Another Alabama fan does another dastardly deed against Auburn akin to the Updyke mentality

Two SEC schools will be under investigation by the NCAA, and neither of them will be Auburn.(I should have put this up two weeks ago)

Auburn will place second in the SEC west, play in a January Bowl game, and finish in the top 10

I want to add one: MMW: After the season, Gus Malzahn has 3 head coaching offers. He says: "I'm making over a million dollars a year, at a place I love, doing what I love to do and working for the greatest boss in the world. Maybe being a head coach is somewhere in my future, sure, but right now I'm staying put."

MMW- Alabama will be under investigation by the NCAA.

MMW- Richt will be fired by Georgia and then be under NCAA investigation.

MMW- SECG winner will play in the championship game, and then be under NCAA investigation.

MMW- Auburn will go to a bowl game despite the overwhelming picks not to.

MMW- Another SEC team will feel the same treatment Auburn did last year by the national media and opposing fans.

I'm doom and glooming it for others =).

I want to add one: MMW: After the season, Gus Malzahn has 3 head coaching offers. He says: "I'm making over a million dollars a year, at a place I love, doing what I love to do and working for the greatest boss in the world. Maybe being a head coach is somewhere in my future, sure, but right now I'm staying put."

This needs to happen!

This needs to happen!

+1 more. Also, if he stays, CGM will be coaching, by far, the most talented team he will have ever coached. He'll be able to draw up plays in the sand. He'll have a lot of fun if he sticks around.

Mark my words

auburn will go 10-2 with losses to Lsu and Alabama.

Lsu will win the national championship.

Texas A&M will win the big 12 and lose to Lsu in the championship

USCe will choke in multiple games this year

Tennessee will dominate the east with only one loss all season to lsu.

Arizona state will win the pac 12

Mark my words

That's a lot of love for a team whose starting QB may well start the season in jail. Are you expecting Zach Mettenberg to be the second coming of Cam?

Mark my words

That's a lot of love for a team whose starting QB may well start the season in jail. Are you expecting Zach Mettenberg to be the second coming of Cam?

I'm not saying he is cam, but with the talent that he's surrounded by, he could do big things. I haven't seen him play yet but mettenberg may be the most underrated player this year.

Mark my words

I'm not saying he is cam, but with the talent that he's surrounded by, he could do big things. I haven't seen him play yet but mettenberg may be the most underrated player this year.

I'm just not so sure that LSU is any more talented than the other big dogs in the conference (that list absolutely includes Auburn, btw, even in 2011). I think that, like putting OU in the preseason top 5 and saying that any player coached by Nick Saban is guaranteed NFL gold, that has become an annual, lazy assumption by the sports writers to make their own jobs easier. "We never know exactly what the hell is going on down there in Red Stick, we just know that Les Miles is crazy and Louisiana kids run fast. Rank 'em high, nobody will notice."

LSU won 11 games last year with absolutely atrocious play from the QB position. Jefferson was awful last year. If you assume the team is as talented as it was last year (fair assumption) and believe Mettenberger or Jefferson will play at an average level, that means LSU is getting appreciably better QB play than last year. If they can win 11 with below average QB play, they don't need a lot to get over the hump.

Archived