2005 Iron Bowl on Fox6

Ryan Sanders

First things I notice:

Kenny Irons was EXPLOSIVE. I forgot how good he was that year.

Brandon Cox had nice velocity during the 2005 season. Seems like after the injury against LSU, he was never the same.

Is that the "Honk if you sacked Brody" game?

Never mind. I'm watching. I see that it is indeed. :cheer:

First things I notice:

Brandon Cox had nice velocity during the 2005 season. Seems like after the injury against LSU, he was never the same.

KI's long TD run against LSU that year was as good a run as I've seen. Such a shame he got hurt. Seems like way too many of our guys have had bad luck in that department once they get into the NFL.

Also, I'd almost forgotten what it was like to have a truly fearsome defense. The way our cupboard's getting stocked, I don't reckon it'll be too long before we have one again.

First things I notice:

KI's long TD run against LSU that year was as good a run as I've seen. Such a shame he got hurt. Seems like way too many of our guys have had bad luck in that department once they get into the NFL.

Also, I'd almost forgotten what it was like to have a truly fearsome defense. The way our cupboard's getting stocked, I don't reckon it'll be too long before we have one again.

Yep! Right there with Rudi Johnson's run against Wyoming

Another observation from the game...we celebrated most of those 43 sacks of Brody a lot more than Fairley did when he got the BS penalty in this year's game.

I rewatched the 2010 Iron Bowl yesterday, the ENTIRE 1st quarter after EVERY TFL or sack, the uat D celebrated the same way Fairley did on that ONE play.

Archived