Tate v. Ingram

hqsi99

The Saints and Texans are on TV right now and it wasn't until a few minutes ago that I realized Ben Tate was still on the Texans and looks pretty good. Stats through half of the second quarter is 3 for 30 with no TD's. Ingram has 7 carries for 25 yds so far.

Not really a surprise. We knew Ben Tate was better than Ingram.

The first half is almost done and Tate has 8 carries for 52 yards and 1 TD. He looks really good and doesn't seem to have any lingering issues from his injury.

Texans' run game is legit.

Tate looked great. Didn't play any 2nd half. Getting a lot of praise.

I am hoping that it is that the Texans' run game is just that awesome and not that the Saints run D is just that bad. May be a long season down here if that game was any indication of the Saints ability to defend the run.

Ripped off a nice 43 yard run toward the end of the half. Could have gone for more but he chose to get out of bounds to stop the clock with under a minute left.

Double good stuff for me, living in the Houston area and all...if Ben can keep that sort of production up, then the Texans will have a couple of crackerjack RBs. It was good to see him out on the field again and performing well.

Archived