Dan Mullen - Headphone Scam

JWShewmake

You read any of the media reports during last fall in regards to Cam Newton? That was ALL innuendo with no facts.

I don't understand why you guys are insisting this was a scam with zero evidence. I understand the hate for Mullen, and I'm not saying he's innocent, but we, of all people, should be sensitive to accusations based on innuendo rather than evidence.

My point exactly. After all AU fans went through based on innuendo, we are now using innuendo to smear the person most of us believe (without proof) is responsible for our pain. We are using the same tactics against others that were used against us, based merely on the fact we don't like the target of the innuendo. It's time to grow up and start acting like adults.

AMEN.

After reviewing the recording again, here is the timeline of events:

14:03 4Q game clock- Auburn kicks off following Lutzie TD

13:42- official timeout following 1st down sack of Relf; Officials force both teams to remove headsets

11:59, 9:53, and 9:43- Shots of Mullen and/or assistants with no headsets

9:53- MSU punts

9:36- after McCalebb 1st down run, Chiz with headset around his neck; Mullen with headset in hands

8:31- after 3rd & 20 incompletion, AU assistants wearing headsets, Mullen about to put his on

Headset communication is more important to the offense than the defense. The headsets went down after MSU's first play of the drive, then came back on after the first play of Auburn's next drive. I don't see how even Mullen would have thought he was gaining an advantage by that. If he was faking it, why was it over so fast?

I'm not trying to be a Mullen apologist, but seriously, you people who want to see a conspiracy in this are as bad as those stirring the Cam controversy last year. You have every bit as much evidence for your conspiracy theories as they did.

I disagree. I think headset communication is more important for the defense when playing against a no-huddle attack.

Archived