It's still GREAT to be an AUBURN Tiger!

AUZoom

I know we haven't played the best football to this point yet, but let's keep in mind that we have a young team. Talented but young. Our coaches have done a great job over the last few seasons, let's not forget that. I have full confidence they will address the issues from today (and the last two weeks) and keep working hard to get better. Let's all get behind this team and stay All In this season! I know I've only been here a ahort while and am a relatively new member of the Auburn family but I have seen something in the Auburn family that no other schools can claim. I became an Auburn fan when I attended grad school back in 2003-2004. I grew up in NC around UNC, Duke, NC State and Wake fans...some of the aforementioned being very obnoxious (UNC cough cough). When I went to Auburn I found out what being a real fan was about, what a real rivalry was about, and how to treat other fans. I know that true Auburn fans don't bail on the team when they aren't winning every game or when things aren't going great. I know that true Auburn fans know that, at the end of the day, win or lose, IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!!

Thanks guys! I apologize for the long post. I just had to say something with a lot of the negativity I have been seeing. I love being part of the Auburn family. Thanks for having a place on the web to come and talk to the Auburn family. You guys are awesome here. Let's keep our heads high and stay behind our beloved Auburn Tigers. I love the response about it being more thanks Saturdays in the fall that make Auburn great. I love just being in Auburn when I go for a game. I wish j could move back and live there. There is just something about that little town down therein Alabama!

I know we haven't played the best football to this point yet, but let's keep in mind that we have a young team. Talented but young. Our coaches have done a great job over the last few seasons, let's not forget that. I have full confidence they will address the issues from today (and the last two weeks) and keep working hard to get better. Let's all get behind this team and stay All In this season! I know I've only been here a ahort while and am a relatively new member of the Auburn family but I have seen something in the Auburn family that no other schools can claim. I became an Auburn fan when I attended grad school back in 2003-2004. I grew up in NC around UNC, Duke, NC State and Wake fans...some of the aforementioned being very obnoxious (UNC cough cough). When I went to Auburn I found out what being a real fan was about, what a real rivalry was about, and how to treat other fans. I know that true Auburn fans don't bail on the team when they aren't winning every game or when things aren't going great. I know that true Auburn fans know that, at the end of the day, win or lose, IT'S GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!!

Very well said. "War Eagle" is not something we say only when we're winning.

Thanks guys! I apologize for the long post. I just had to say something with a lot of the negativity I have been seeing. I love being part of the Auburn family. Thanks for having a place on the web to come and talk to the Auburn family. You guys are awesome here. Let's keep our heads high and stay behind our beloved Auburn Tigers. I love the response about it being more thanks Saturdays in the fall that make Auburn great. I love just being in Auburn when I go for a game. I wish j could move back and live there. There is just something about that little town down therein Alabama!

Well said.

Auburn isn't merely a football team with a school attached. It's a great university who has a great football program and tradition. We had a great tradition is lots of other aspects of our university too, and I'm as rpoud of them as I amm our football program.

I feel like all Auburn students are our kids. And I feel confident taht, 40 years from now, today's students will still feel like those Auburn students are their kids.

When I see profs in any of our departments shortchanging our kids i get really PO'ed. I don't think that's a flaw in my character. If I didn't love Auburn and our Auburn kids I wouldn't give a damn. but I do. Over the years I've done what I could to make Auburn better with my time and money, and will continue to... because I love auburn and what it stands for.

And I'm proud to be an Auburn person. And yes, it's always great to be an Auburn tiger. that's something that never changes.

All I can say is 'Wow!' and of course War Eagle! Thanks for all the great replies! One of the many reasons I love being an Auburn Tiger is the character of those in the Auburn family! You guys are awesome!

Of course I am proud to be an Auburn Tiger, and like others have said, we have been through worse seasons. Being a fan is sticking with your team through the good times and the bad. It's just really frustrating because we know we are much better than what we saw today. It's been a while since we lost, maybe it was just time and this is something we needed. It's still early in the season and there is a LOT of football to be played. I look forward to next Saturday and will be in the stands yelling as loud as I can. As always WAR EAGLE!!

Support our young men as they go thru these growing pains. With all the talent we have and our coaches track record ('10 NC!!),

there will be hell to pay next year! It's still a long season and like Bernie Mac used to say "They gotta learn!!"....

War Damn Eagle!!!

Archived