Beard-Eaves

kellyaub90

Good idea. If only I had a good memory of a game there.

I mean I guess there were a few decent ones...but still...

You must be a young whipper snapper Justin there been some great games there from men and women teams like wins against Kentucky and mullets for the men and coach Joe Champy against Tennessee for the women. I also haven great time there on fan and meeting all the great football players who took time to meet the AU family and some of the great men basketball players who plated thru the years. I love the old girl and she will be missed.

Coach Champi, alone among the voices in the athletic dept, did not want the new arena. I've been to games in the new arena, it's nice and all that but damn if I see why we needed to spend 100 million dollars to replace Beard-Eaves.

I saw John Mengelt score 60 in a 121-60 win over UAT in Beard-Eaves. Now that is a memory worth keeping!

There were some good games in there even the past few years, even though I didn't make it to many of them. The women against Tennessee in 2008/09 was apparently really electric, as was the men vs. Kentucky in 09/10, even though we ended up losing. There were some good games against UAT as well =)

Beard Eaves is outdated and a liability in recruiting and a new facility was needed at some point so I don't see why Auburn needed to wait any longer.

Coach Champi, alone among the voices in the athletic dept, did not want the new arena. I've been to games in the new arena, it's nice and all that but damn if I see why we needed to spend 100 million dollars to replace Beard-Eaves.

I saw John Mengelt score 60 in a 121-60 win over UAT in Beard-Eaves. Now that is a memory worth keeping!

It's a moot point now but I totally agree. As far as recruiting, 10 years from now I bet we have no better record in the new Arena than we did the last 10 in BME.

John Mengelt is a friend of mine and I see him regulary. Talked to hin at some length last Saturday at our tailgate. Nice guy and still very much involved in Auburn athletic affairs.

Beard Eaves is outdated and a liability in recruiting and a new facility was needed at some point so I don't see why Auburn needed to wait any longer.

Coach Champi and I don't agree with your assessment but that's 100 million dollars over the dam now.

Proud Tiger, I saw Mengelt when they had all of us that attended the first game at Beard-Eaves come down on the floor after the last game there. John looks to be in shape to suit up and play right now!

Coach Champi and I don't agree with your assessment but that's 100 million dollars over the dam now.

Proud Tiger, I saw Mengelt when they had all of us that attended the first game at Beard-Eaves come down on the floor after the last game there. John looks to be in shape to suit up and play right now!

To be honest recruiting womens bball and mens ball is like apples and oranges.

Archived