auburn vs fsu spring scrimmage game

barnabascollins

i think dabo has earned the term mad hatter

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/03/28/dabo-swinneys-plan-to-revolutionize-college-football/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

the matchups he mentions are

auburn vs fsu

texas vs texas a&m

georgia tech vs bama

oklahoma vs nebraska

pittsburgh vs penn state

tennessee vs virginia tech

clemson vs uga

no coach in there right mind would allow something like this to happen especially in spring practice, theres too much risk of severe injuries

I think it'd be great for the fans but would unfortunately turn into a W/L on the upcoming season or used to improperly rank teams. I'd much rather see an A Day type game against a non traditional opponent that isn't scheduled for at least a couple or more years.

I think it'd be great for the fans but would unfortunately turn into a W/L on the upcoming season or used to improperly rank teams. I'd much rather see an A Day type game against a non traditional opponent that isn't scheduled for at least a couple or more years.

whats hilarious about this whole thing is dabo thinks this is his idea?, LMAO lou holtz has been campaining for these types of games for years, so its actually dr. lou's idea

Ok, I'll bite. Why not? High schools have jamborees - playing different schools for a quarter each in a round robin format. Pros have some weeks where they mix up camps with one another to liven up scrimmages. And they have preseason, which doesn't count.

You prefer playing your your brother in your backyard with some silly Offense vs Defense point system instead of against the kids down the street in something closer to a game format?

For those that complain someone might get hurt, heck players get hurt in practice - think Ga Tech just lost a LB for the season in practice.

I'm for it, heck put a few of those on TV - I'd watch. (No dog in the hunt in March madness, don't watch NBA, MLB won't get cooking for me until summertime, Maybe let's just not pre-empt the Masters.

Let's do it Dabo!!!! All I can say is WHY NOT?????? We constantly kid ourselves and act that college football is somehow above the behavior of Professional and the thought that money could be a factor in the decisions that are made is absurd!!!! Let's get real... if it comes to dollars and cents have a marquee spring game ie. (exhibition match found in every other sport) and you got an audience= advertising= legit. Stop living in the era of college is pageantry, loyalty, dedication, etc. We live in the day of the short attention span. TV supremacy and massive dollar contracts rule college as much as pros. Expect this to happen in the near future.

Let's do it Dabo!!!! All I can say is WHY NOT?????? We constantly kid ourselves and act that college football is somehow above the behavior of Professional and the thought that money could be a factor in the decisions that are made is absurd!!!! Let's get real... if it comes to dollars and cents have a marquee spring game ie. (exhibition match found in every other sport) and you got an audience= advertising= legit. Stop living in the era of college is pageantry, loyalty, dedication, etc. We live in the day of the short attention span. TV supremacy and massive dollar contracts rule college as much as pros. Expect this to happen in the near future.

well this article mentions it would provide extra playing time ,and they also mention dabo saying if they'd prefer a closed exhibition he'd be fine with it okay?????? :blink::no: , the guy acts like hes gonna organize the whole thing,if dabo's serious i hope he is keeping in mind that most of the seniors would have final exams around april or may, so it would have to be setup where it wouldn't interfere with that, but honestly i dont see it getting off the ground , there would be too greater risk for a real severe injury exhibition or not, most of the games mentioned, texas vs texas a&m, kentucky vs louisville, pittsburgh vs penn state, etc, most of them are rival games or former rivals

but hey if dabo thinks it'll work go fo it

didnt somebody already try something like this a few years back called gridiron bash or something?, i believe it planned on featuring country singers, rock singers, pop singers, etc but the ncaa stopped it from happening

I have always thought about a spring scrimage against the local high school teams. Would be a great opportunity for the high school players, and a good chance for the college guys to knock off some rust no against their own teamates.

I think it would be great, especially for a team like Auburn with new systems being installed. When I played high school ball the jamborees and scrimmages were by far the most beneficial times of learning for me.

you would also be letting other teams get a sneak peek of what to expect from you on both sides of the ball during the upcoming season and that is a big no no :no:

Well we would get a sneak peek at the other teams offense so it could potentially even out. Right? Not to mentioned if we scrimmaged a team like FSU, who gives a rats cohoot if they see our offense. Besides, after the first 2 games most coaching staffs should be able to ascertain all they need in order to put together a solid game plan for that offense that has been kept "in house".

I have always thought about a spring scrimage against the local high school teams. Would be a great opportunity for the high school players, and a good chance for the college guys to knock off some rust no against their own teamates.

boston red sox had something like that once against boston college and michigan

Archived