Obama's assault on free speech

Tigermike

What does the ACLU say about it? ",,,,the issues raised are still of major significance for the First Amendment."

SLATE "The government says the anti-protest bill was just a small tweak of the existing law. Don’t believe it." ,,,,, the law makes it easier for the government to criminalize protest. Period.

H.R. 347: Another Step in the Elimination of the First Amendment LINK

Only days after clearing Congress, US President Barack Obama signed his name to H.R. 347 on Thursday, officially making it a federal offense to cause a disturbance at certain political events — essentially criminalizing protest in the States.
LINK

HUFFPO:

H. R. 347 makes protest of any type potentially a federal offense with anywhere from a year to 10 years in federal prison, providing it occurs in the presence of elites brandishing Secret Service protection, or during an officially defined 'National Special Security Event' (NSSE). NSSEs , ( an invention of Bill Clinton) are events which have been deemed worthy of Secret Service protection, which previously received no such treatment. Justified through part of 'Presidential Decision Directive 62 in 1998; Bill Clinton created an additional class of special events explicitly under the authority of the U.S. Secret Service.

If a lot of folks on the left and the right don't like this bill it must be bad.

So what do all the Obama shills have to say about it?

Civil rights assaults are only a problem when Republicans do it. Or, Republicans are just as bad so we're not going to protest all that much or all that loudly when our guy does it.

Why did all the Republicans vote for it? Why not the same outrage there?

Once again you quickly miss the mark. In my original post I said "If a lot of folks on the left and the right don't like this bill it must be bad." Obviously that didn't mean elected officials because they all (mostly) voted for it.

THERE WERE ONLY 3 VOTES AGAINST THE DAMN BILL! Broun, Paul GA 10th, Amash, Justin MI 3rd, Paul, Ronald “Ron” TX 14th, link

IT IS A BIPARTISAN SCREW UP! A BIPARTISAN ASSAULT!

IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MANY FROM EACH PARTY VOTED FOR IT! THEY WERE ALL WRONG! OBAMA SIGNED IT, HE COULD HAVE VETOED THE BILL! HE DIDN'T!

Well, apparently according to the left-wing narrative, we were in grave danger of losing precious civil rights when we had Bush in the White House and a Republican Congress. Because all those right-wingers just want to shred the Constitution. Now our God-King apparently has joined forces with them to keep eroding said rights and you guys just go along with it, plan to keep voting for him and so on with hardly a whimper of protest. Guess it isn't just those horrible GOPers that don't give a s*** about civil rights it it?

Once again you quickly miss the mark. In my original post I said "If a lot of folks on the left and the right don't like this bill it must be bad." Obviously that didn't mean elected officials because they all (mostly) voted for it.

THERE WERE ONLY 3 VOTES AGAINST THE DAMN BILL! Broun, Paul GA 10th, Amash, Justin MI 3rd, Paul, Ronald “Ron” TX 14th, link

IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MANY FROM EACH PARTY VOTED FOR IT! THEY WERE ALL WRONG! OBAMA SIGNED IT, HE COULD HAVE VETOED THE BILL! HE DIDN'T!

So why didn't your headline say Congress's assault on free speech? After all, don't they make the laws?

So why didn't your headline say Congress's assault on free speech? After all, don't they make the laws?

Because since I started the thread I can put what ever fricking headline I want.

Start a discussion and you can put what ever title you want.

In the mean time it's obvious you have no problem with what has been done.

BTW - How is the YouTube video titled?

BTW II - This is one of the headlines from one of the links I posted: "Obama signs anti-protest Trespass Bill"

Archived