AU beats UGA

Nice outing by the Tigers. Made it closer than needed by allowing two runs in the eighth and loading the bases in the ninth. Nice call by the home plate ump to call a UGA batter back after he leaned into a pitch on an 0-2 count in the ninth, although he did ultimately walk.

It was great to send the Georgia DullDawgs packing back to Athens. It's never a bad day when we can do that!

Well, I was going to post that it wasn't really a nice outing and that a win is a win because of the ridiculous amount of guys LOB (9), but looked at the stats first and dang if UGA didn't leave 14 on. :blink:

It's very possible that win will get them in the NCAA tournament.

On to face USC. Can't leave 9 on and win that one.

Well, I was going to post that it wasn't really a nice outing and that a win is a win because of the ridiculous amount of guys LOB (9), but looked at the stats first and dang if UGA didn't leave 14 on. :blink:

It's very possible that win will get them in the NCAA tournament.

On to face USC. Can't leave 9 on and win that one.

Most of the talking heads seem to think that Auburn needs to win at least two more to make the NCAA. Our RPI is something like 58 and that's not cool. However, we may have knocked Georgia out of it, which is way cool!

I think we have to get to championship game to be considered. We were the 10th seed I think. That means there were 9 SEC teams better than us. I don't think the NCAA is going to take 10 SEC teams. Maybe 7 or 8 but I think 9 and 10 get left on the sidelines.

Archived