• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure now that Demario Pitts, one of the victims of this shooting was the alleged accidental killer of his cousin (by way of Gsw) a sophomore high school student in Auburn this March. We have to change the culture of 20 year olds carrying guns and having so little respect for life that they go shooting each other over arguments. Even if the prior shooting was an accident (ruled by APD as accidental so I trust), it seems like a potential motive to me if there was already some distrust about the situation at the clubhouse. Just my 2 cents...we still need prayers for this community.

The only way to stop this culture is to spay and neuter them so they cannot reproduce. Just my $.02.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/06/authorities_stand_guard_on_sur.html

Authorities interviewed late Monday night a woman who called 911 earlier saying a man who might be Leonard was in the house.

Authorities used equipment to rip the ceiling away to expose the attic floor. Earlier, police fired two rounds of tear gas into the home and reported hearing someone coughing.

If the lady made a false report, she now has some expensive repairs to make.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/06/authorities_stand_guard_on_sur.html

Authorities interviewed late Monday night a woman who called 911 earlier saying a man who might be Leonard was in the house.

Authorities used equipment to rip the ceiling away to expose the attic floor. Earlier, police fired two rounds of tear gas into the home and reported hearing someone coughing.

If the lady made a false report, she now has some expensive repairs to make.

I'm beginning to think this might have been a diversion to get the police preoccupied so Leonard could get out of Montgomery...

My daughter was a classmate with the kid who died and some of the other kids wondered if Demario Pitts had ties to some gang activity in the area (some of the kids who would know had made comments about it).

Ed, Eric, John, and Ladarius happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Demario, from accounts, hit the shooter over the head with a bottle during the fight, which led to the escalation and eventual shooting (once again, from what has been stated). It appears our gentleman happened to be in an area of circumstance and that is what is a travesty unto itself.

I hate to think that the killer might have been tokin' on a blunt, smokin' a little crack, cleanin' his gun and slappin' his knees laughing as he watched the attack on a house he was not at.

I hate to think that the killer might have been tokin' on a blunt, smokin' a little crack, cleanin' his gun and slappin' his knees laughing as he watched the attack on a house he was not at.

That's what I was thinking last night.

@KaribiDede

Pretty sure we've all been hoaxed. That kid is in the back of a AUPD car headed to Auburn.

Karibi seems to believe that they put him in a car so they could get him back without any commotion. Could explain why the spotlight went out...

I could understand why they wouldn't want anyone to know they were in the process of moving him back to Auburn if they did indeed have him and cover it up. Wouldn't have to worry about any incidents on the road or someone waiting for the arrival in Auburn.

It is amazing how this story has captured the nations attention, mean six or seven were shot in Chicago after this happened. Yet when I was at the gym today people that knew I was a AU grad or had seen me wearing something AU to workout in spoke to me about the incident with a general concern.

Yeah it is amazing seeing as how It HASN'T captured anybody's attention except us. NOT ONE of the national networks are covering this at all. There MAY be an article or two on some news sites, but NOTHING of any significance at all. Like I said earlier, if this involved a different university it WOULD be all over the news, IMO. CNN, FOX, etc...were all at Virginia Tech doing live reports. NONE are there. I'm actually amazed even WSFA is still covering it live at this point...

I can't speak for the larger markets, but small ones like Chicago have been covering it. And remember you are talking about something that happens every single day in the city of Chicago...... and they dedicated time for it on their news coverge in the first segement. Importing stories of shootings is something they do not have to do here. In fact it got more time than the local shootings that involved more victems. No they didn't do like WSFA and cut the Cup to live report, but they don't even do that for local standoffs so don't expect them to do that for something in Montgomery.

It may not be Fox or CNN, but it is the third largest TV market in the United States. If it's getting on the news here its getting national attention.

Not really. If its not being covered consistently on CNN, Fox News, ABC News, CBS News, NBC News it's NOT getting national attention. I don't see how one random tv station in a slightly different part of the country is the reason you consider it getting national attention. It's NOT.. I guess we have VERY DIFFERENT definitions of what national attention is and sorry, but this is NOT it, IMO.

My 2 cents: I am thankful the national media isn't covering this anymore then it already has. We had news crews set up, swat teams launching tear gas, thermal imaging cameras, montgomery p.d., Choppers, U.S. Marshals, and Mayors of cities <- what are mayors doing there? They even removed part of the attic with some machine if I understand correctly which they should have done in the first place and maybe let about 4 or 5 german shepards go investigate. This is hardly the Va Tech massacre where a man killed what like 30 people in various class rooms and dorms ... Auburn has a negative perception nationally and the last thing we need is the national media covering the good ol boys destroying some suburban neighborhood home. I will patiently await the wrath of War Tiger but regardless that's how I feel. Next time we get a tip let's try and be a little more low key please!

@KaribiDede

Pretty sure we've all been hoaxed. That kid is in the back of a AUPD car headed to Auburn.

Karibi seems to believe that they put him in a car so they could get him back without any commotion. Could explain why the spotlight went out...

I could understand why they wouldn't want anyone to know they were in the process of moving him back to Auburn if they did indeed have him and cover it up. Wouldn't have to worry about any incidents on the road or someone waiting for the arrival in Auburn.

It is amazing how this story has captured the nations attention, mean six or seven were shot in Chicago after this happened. Yet when I was at the gym today people that knew I was a AU grad or had seen me wearing something AU to workout in spoke to me about the incident with a general concern.

Yeah it is amazing seeing as how It HASN'T captured anybody's attention except us. NOT ONE of the national networks are covering this at all. There MAY be an article or two on some news sites, but NOTHING of any significance at all. Like I said earlier, if this involved a different university it WOULD be all over the news, IMO. CNN, FOX, etc...were all at Virginia Tech doing live reports. NONE are there. I'm actually amazed even WSFA is still covering it live at this point...

I can't speak for the larger markets, but small ones like Chicago have been covering it. And remember you are talking about something that happens every single day in the city of Chicago...... and they dedicated time for it on their news coverge in the first segement. Importing stories of shootings is something they do not have to do here. In fact it got more time than the local shootings that involved more victems. No they didn't do like WSFA and cut the Cup to live report, but they don't even do that for local standoffs so don't expect them to do that for something in Montgomery.

It may not be Fox or CNN, but it is the third largest TV market in the United States. If it's getting on the news here its getting national attention.

Not really. If its not being covered consistently on CNN, Fox News, ABC News, CBS News, NBC News it's NOT getting national attention. I don't see how one random tv station in a slightly different part of the country is the reason you consider it getting national attention. It's NOT.. I guess we have VERY DIFFERENT definitions of what national attention is and sorry, but this is NOT it, IMO.

It was in the most prominent place on CNN.com's homepage with a "breaking news" banner underneath it.

I'd say that's national attention.

Question,

Maybe I missed something but, if they had IR technology identify a "body" and could hear him breathing in there. How did they find NOBODY. That's not that big of a house.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/12/us-usa-auburn-shooting-idUSBRE85B0SY20120612

Police raided wrong Alabama house searching for shooting suspect: FBI

By Tom Bassing

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama | Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:17am EDT

(Reuters) - A manhunt for the suspected killer of three men near Auburn University in Alabama led police and federal authorities to raid the wrong house Monday night, an FBI spokesman said on Tuesday.

Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation were searching for Desmonte Leonard, 22, the prime suspect in Saturday's shooting in which two former Auburn University football players were killed and a current player was wounded.

Police fired tear-gas cartridges into a house in Leonard's hometown of Montgomery, about 55 miles from Auburn.

The location "turned out not to be correct," FBI spokesman Douglas Astralaga said.

Three men were killed and three were wounded in the shooting at an apartment complex near the Auburn campus. One of wounded remains in critical condition with a bullet wound to the head.

http://www.reuters.c...E85B0SY20120612

Police raided wrong Alabama house searching for shooting suspect: FBI

By Tom Bassing

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama | Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:17am EDT

(Reuters) - A manhunt for the suspected killer of three men near Auburn University in Alabama led police and federal authorities to raid the wrong house Monday night, an FBI spokesman said on Tuesday.

Looking good.

092309-Keystone-Cops.jpg

haha nice play War Tiger.

huh? Just posting an article linked from twitter....nothing funny about any of this....

haha nice play War Tiger.

huh? Just posting an article linked from twitter....nothing funny about any of this....

Keystone%2BCops.jpg

When they use the words "wrong house", they imply that there was a correct house that should have been searched.

Is that what they mean? Or do they just mean they don't have any idea where he is?

PC has not started yet. I will be glad to post what I can for those of you who aren't able to watch it.

Dana

Just started...quick brief he says. Still searching for suspect. Auburn U has added 10k and 5k from Montgomery Mayor for a total 30k reward. Will not rest until he is found.

now he is taking questions; he is thanking all those for their efforts last night. thanking residents of the neighborhood for their patience. Leonard's mom has said if she can get in contact with him she will encourage him to turn himself in.

US Marshall's and FBI are on the case.

Archived