he is not going to say what exactly it was their technology was detecting last night as he is not familiar with said technology. He is not going to address any issues of charges against the person who reported he was in the house. He will not speak to the evidence in this case so as to not jeopardize the case. He does not want to lose sight of the pain of the victims families today. Remember these families and keep them in our prayers.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has no reason to believe he has left the Montgomery area as this point. If anyone gives false info they will be prosecuted. Investigators still on the scene of the house last night. He is saying the investigators did NOT raid the wrong house. He is not sure who is reporting that.

every officer in Auburn has been working on this case since Sat night. Following up all leads. This is a 24 hours a day process and they will not stop. Mother has not spoken with Desmonte since this happened she has left him voice mail etc.

If they have to go to 20 houses to find him they will.

He was asked if any evidence was found in attic and he would not comment on any evidence in the case.

No one will rest until this case is solved.

PC is over.

He has no reason to believe he has left the Montgomery area as this point. If anyone gives false info they will be prosecuted. Investigators still on the scene of the house last night. He is saying the investigators did NOT raid the wrong house. He is not sure who is reporting that.

FWIW:

To be fair to MPD, they didn't raid the "wrong house". They raided the house they were tipped off to, so they thought it was the right house

@JHokanson

FBI says wrong house. APD chief says not wrong house. Technically both right. Right house if you go by tip. Wrong house if looking for guy.

@WarBlogle

It sounds like they raided the right house (the one the tip was about), he just wasn't there.

Saying wrong house would mean he was in a house nearby or the tip was about a different house and they raided the wrong one.

every officer in Auburn has been working on this case since Sat night. Following up all leads. This is a 24 hours a day process and they will not stop. Mother has not spoken with Desmonte since this happened she has left him voice mail etc.

He was asked if any evidence was found in attic and he would not comment on any evidence in the case.

PC is over.

So if she has left him voice mail, I wonder if they can use satellite GPS to track his location? He may be wise to that and isn't using his phone?

I wanted to throw out there for those of us in Bham or close to there has been REALLY great coverage on all of this on 97.3 the zone. And I have to add I have falling in love with station after listening to them blass ever DA out there trying to down play this or make a joke out of it.

PC is over.

So if she has left him voice mail, I wonder if they can use satellite GPS to track his location? He may be wise to that and isn't using his phone?

I'm sure APD, FBI, or U.S. Marshals already had subpoenaed his phone records and gotten court order to track & trace. That would have been one of the first things they would have done. Depends on if his phone is equipped with GPS capabilities and if he has it on.

Just saw all of this this morning. That is what I get for going to bed early. Of course, here in Nashville wouldn't have heard anything on the news about it, but just would have seen on here. Thanks for all the updates as I replayed the evening by reading it all. Man, I miss being a police officer!!!

@ Bleeding blue and orange

Of course, here in Nashville wouldn't have heard anything on the news about it, but just would have seen on here.

just wnted to let you know you can listen to the 97.3 I posted about above, at least it will give you some info of everything going on down here. they have done a wonderful job of coverage all day everyday since it has happen. And thanks for your service, you guys don't hear that as much as you should.

@ Bleeding blue and orange Tgr4lfe

Of course, here in Nashville wouldn't have heard anything on the news about it, but just would have seen on here.

just wnted to let you know you can listen to the 97.3 I posted about above, at least it will give you some info of everything going on down here. they have done a wonderful job of coverage all day everyday since it has happen. And thanks for your service, you guys don't hear that as much as you should.

Fixed that for ya (although true, but screen name is Tgr4lfe), and thanks on radio info!!

Todd Strange Mayor of Montgomery, PC starting now

anyone need this PC updated?

area had been identified as possible location for fugitive. Activity going on for a day or so. Call made from a person saying they had dropped them off at this address.... then they received a 911 call from a female saying he was in her home...

They entered home and never heard any voices. Only coughing and movement they determined to be in the attic... three different technologies isolated it to one portion of the attic.

He's laying out what happened last night

1. that area had been id as a possible location that the suspect might be in, activity going on for a day or so

2. call to us marshall by individual who had dropped off the suspect at this specific address

3. as marshalls were mobilizing 911 received she had just come home from work and a person looking like suspect was in her house on her couch, immediately left and made the call from her call.

4. the marshalls together with all agencies went to that house and entered the house with appropriate armor and tried to make contact with the suspect. Never any voice response but several individuals in the home heard coughing and movement in the attic. That is when technology was brought in. Readings of something in attic by all 3 technologies.

5. Decision was then made to then proceed with tear gas, entering home etc.

If this same situation occurs again being notified of the suspect being in a home they would take the same steps again today.

Anyone else wish they would say exactly what this "technology" is...

I have to be really vague like that in my work as well... it kinda drives me nutts when I use the broadest word possible to explain to someone what I am doing. I just have that feeling they know I'm deliberately setting myself up to dodge more indepth questioning.

I'm really curious to know exactly what they did to determine someone was in the attic.

Again talking about giving false info, have issued 2 warrants. They will prosecute anyone giving misleading information.

Any word on what the relationship is of the homeowner to the suspect?

I can't help but wonder if this really was the right house and the guy crawled into an AC duct or inside a wall and is still there.... If a strange smell starts emanating from the attic in a couple of days, we'll know why.

They are actively pursuing other leads currently. Over 100 are involved in this case.

They are looking for the 1st caller from last night that reported dropping him off at the home.

cannot go into the technology that was used as to not give the bad guy more info.

connection of the home to leonard...rumors that he is related to the home owner but no validity to that rumor.

nothing was found in the attic

they cannot go to far but they do believe there is a connection between suspect and home. It is not a family member connection, sorta a 3rd party out, wasn't random but not intense.

they believe a 15-20 mins from time of call to time they arrived on scene, possibly he got away in that time.

they know who the person is who supposedly dropped him off at the house and they are looking for him.

Archived