• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twitter rumors swirling that Desmonte may have turned himself in and that there's a 9:15CT presser scheduled...

I would also like to mention Dr. Goodlet, the athletic department's physician who was present in the ER comforting the families, is such a terrific representative of the University and a guy who spends a lot of time behind the scenes with little credit/ we are blessed to have a strong coach and support personnel.

Leonard wanted Susan James to facilitate his surrender

James felt it was the right thing to do to facilitate Leonard surrender even if she hasn't been retained.

"Wanted to make sure no body took him out." - Susan James

Did not want to contact media, wanted to surrender with dignity. Snipers were on roof as Leonard came into the federal courthouse.

@sdking1

James called Leonard's demeanor very calm, tired and very respectful. She says when the full story comes out, may sound a little different.

@wsfa12news

That is almost always said! We'll see what Mack and other victims stories are as to how it started.

Is this not the ultimate mixing bowl of emotions? I know I'm happy he's been arrested. Its a somber excitement, as well as relief. But then again, the hurt (for me, no connection whatsoever to these victims...) shows up again. Its a very odd feeling...

James called Leonard's demeanor very calm, tired and very respectful. She says when the full story comes out, may sound a little different.

@wsfa12news

Ms. James your client killed three people this past weekend and had previously killed his cousin. No matter how you try and spin it, it won't sound any different. He's a punk who thinks he's big because he has a gun. He's a punk who has no regard for human life, except for his own miserable life.

Is this not the ultimate mixing bowl of emotions? I know I'm happy he's been arrested. Its a somber excitement, as well as relief. But then again, the hurt (for me, no connection whatsoever to these victims...) shows up again. Its a very odd feeling...

I agree Clint. Everyone of us is going through the same thing.

Reguardless of how "excited" we may all be at this moment we are all going to go through a lot of emotions. We must remember that, even though, this man killed two young men and wounded four others, he is someones son. Someone out there loves him and cares about his well being. He did a horrible thing but, he did the right thing by turning himself in.

This incident left four with wounds they will never forget and took away three sons from their mothers.

The mixed emotions are because, none of us know if we should be happy he is caught or sad that he made such a poor decison that cost him the lives of two wonderful people and his own. At least this is where I am at.

WAR EAGLE FAMILY ALL IN!

Thanks to all who provided links and commentary on the entire story. Even if other sources did have some coverage, it was this website that I kept returning to for details and the "heart" of this entire process. This thread needs to be in the "all time great contributions" category. It's an example of how random people all over the world who have interest in Auburn can get together to share facts and opinions.

Well done, everybody!

War Eagle!

Thanks to all who provided links and commentary on the entire story. Even if other sources did have some coverage, it was this website that I kept returning to for details and the "heart" of this entire process. This thread needs to be in the "all time great contributions" category. It's an example of how random people all over the world who have interest in Auburn can get together to share facts and opinions.

Well done, everybody!

War Eagle!

I agree! I found more info here and hope I helped provide what I was able to get from PC's today. I know that there is no other University Family out there than can come close to The Auburn Family.

Reguardless of how "excited" we may all be at this moment we are all going to go through a lot of emotions. We must remember that, even though, this man killed two young men and wounded four others, he is someones son. Someone out there loves him and cares about his well being. He did a horrible thing but, he did the right thing by turning himself in.

This incident left four with wounds they will never forget and took away three sons from their mothers.

The mixed emotions are because, none of us know if we should be happy he is caught or sad that he made such a poor decison that cost him the lives of two wonderful people and his own. At least this is where I am at.

WAR EAGLE FAMILY ALL IN!

Actually he killed 3 people and injured 3, one of whom is still in critical condition and as per the APD "fighting for his life". I hope none of us forget the victims who were not associated with the Auburn football program.

Archived