• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mayor says that they know there is somebody in that house. They are going to back off a little bit, but leaving the tactical decisions to the U.S. Marshals that are now there. That might go in overnight or wait until daylight, but going to keep the house surrounded. Also they are using thermal imaging.

I was on CNN earlier today and they said the man that owns the house came home and found him in his home. I just went to cnn.com and they have since removed that article and I am unable to find a recent update on the story on CNN.

If anyone knows the families please let them know that we at Auburn University are a family and we are ALL IN! Many positive prayers are being sent their way from the Gulf Coast in Alabama.

Well said future AU mama!

They are seriously talking about a twitter page, made as a parady? Its a (poor) joke! Do you seriously think he'd be stupid enough to do that? (Well, he's stupid enough to do all this.......so....)

Mayor gave a confusing briefing. He seemed adamant that they have heard somebody in the house, but then would say they are re-questioning the two people that called in the tip and talked about legal issues if false information was given, making it sound like they had doubts there was somebody in the house. Which is it?

"AUFAMILY! This is what we are! This man did not just kill two of our football players NO SIR! He killed our brother, our son, our grandson, our best friend, our cousin, our uncle, our dad, OUR FAMILY! May the mothers of these two young men find peace and know that we are all one family unit, ALL IN! We are all hurting as well. Mama's we love you and pray for you tonight."

I posted this on AUFAMILY on Facebook. I have lost a child in my short time being a mother and I will tell you, it hurts.

@KaribiDede

Pretty sure we've all been hoaxed. That kid is in the back of a AUPD car headed to Auburn.

Karibi seems to believe that they put him in a car so they could get him back without any commotion. Could explain why the spotlight went out...

@KaribiDede

Pretty sure we've all been hoaxed. That kid is in the back of a AUPD car headed to Auburn.

Karibi seems to believe that they put him in a car so they could get him back without any commotion. Could explain why the spotlight went out...

That thought has crossed my mind. Let's hope this is what has happened!

@Ranger12

If they have not detained him already, The Mayor is as shook up as the rest of us our. I am sure he was trying to convey that if false information was given and this person was not located there would be consequences for their actions. This has been going on for a number of hours....hours that could have been used on other possible leads.

I am willing to bet that if the police have slowed down and the spotlight is off this person is in an AU police car headed back to OUR STOMPING GROUNDS!

@KaribiDede

I sure hope you are right! I'd hate to know this little man can outsmart all these professionals

If they truly have already apprehanded this guy, then the Mayor and the ABI guy are WONDERFUL actors!

@KaribiDede

I could understand why they wouldn't want anyone to know they were in the process of moving him back to Auburn if they did indeed have him and cover it up. Wouldn't have to worry about any incidents on the road or someone waiting for the arrival in Auburn.

It is amazing how this story has captured the nations attention, mean six or seven were shot in Chicago after this happened. Yet when I was at the gym today people that knew I was a AU grad or had seen me wearing something AU to workout in spoke to me about the incident with a general concern.

Gotta wonder what the other residents of the neighbor are going through. How hard would it be to fall asleep, knowing what can possibly happen outside?

@Ranger12

If they have not detained him already, The Mayor is as shook up as the rest of us our. I am sure he was trying to convey that if false information was given and this person was not located there would be consequences for their actions. This has been going on for a number of hours....hours that could have been used on other possible leads.

I am willing to bet that if the police have slowed down and the spotlight is off this person is in an AU police car headed back to OUR STOMPING GROUNDS!

WSFA feed just reported that Auburn police were returning to Auburn "and if captured tonight he would be held in Montgomery overnight and transfered to AUPD custody tomorrow". Earlier they said AUPD officers would stay on the scene all night to transport immediately to Auburn if apprehended. Interesting change that could suggest he is already on the way to Auburn.

Gotta wonder what the other residents of the neighbor are going through. How hard would it be to fall asleep, knowing what can possibly happen outside?

I'm not in the neighborhood and there's no way I'm going to sleep until I know what's going on so I can't imagine anyone actually living there just climbing in bed right now

@Ranger12

WSFA feed just reported that Auburn police were returning to Auburn "and if captured tonight he would be held in Montgomery overnight and transfered to AUPD custody tomorrow". Earlier they said AUPD officers would stay on the scene all night to transport immiedately to Auburn if apprehended. Interesting change that could suggest he is already on the way to Auburn.

This reads (to me) he has been transported to Auburn and it will be released in the AM that he is there. He is booked!

@chambc1

16 people have been up in attic at same time

Wow...

I doubt they already have him. They are not going to waste resources by keeping guards at a house all night just to keep up a facade. Now, if we start seeing everybody leave within the next couple of hours, then I would consider a little slight of hand from the MPD, U.S. Marshals, and the AUPD.

@KaribiDede

I could understand why they wouldn't want anyone to know they were in the process of moving him back to Auburn if they did indeed have him and cover it up. Wouldn't have to worry about any incidents on the road or someone waiting for the arrival in Auburn.

It is amazing how this story has captured the nations attention, mean six or seven were shot in Chicago after this happened. Yet when I was at the gym today people that knew I was a AU grad or had seen me wearing something AU to workout in spoke to me about the incident with a general concern.

Yeah it is amazing seeing as how It HASN'T captured anybody's attention except us. NOT ONE of the national networks are covering this at all. There MAY be an article or two on some news sites, but NOTHING of any significance at all. Like I said earlier, if this involved a different university it WOULD be all over the news, IMO. CNN, FOX, etc...were all at Virginia Tech doing live reports. NONE are there. I'm actually amazed even WSFA is still covering it live at this point...

I agree with you guys that it's a huge possibility that he is now on his way to Auburn. I can certainly see if folks who have lost someone at this young mans hand they certainly might try some of their own form of justice.

It's a short drive to Auburn, they don't have to wait until 8-9 am to confirm. Get him behind bars in Auburn and then release it!

Archived