I doubt they already have him. They are not going to waste resources by keeping guards at a house all night just to keep up a facade. Now, if we start seeing everybody leave within the next couple of hours, then I would consider a little slight of hand from the MPD, U.S. Marshals, and the AUPD.

exactly...

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going back and forth. It would make perfect sense if they do have him. Wouldnt have people waiting, following on the street, etc...But then again, the house is still surrounded. The Mayor, ABI man, and everyone else are truly frustrated. They are interigating these people. Nothing makes sense at this point...

They can certainly waste resources to give a car time to get to Auburn. At that point, if we see folks clearing I would imagine the announcement to follow pretty soon.

@chambc1

it's been 3 hours since authorities heard any movement or coughing from attic

They can certainly waste resources to give a car time to get to Auburn. At that point, if we see folks clearing I would imagine the announcement to follow pretty soon.

EXACTLY what I thought.

I doubt they already have him. They are not going to waste resources by keeping guards at a house guarding nothing all night.

But if they were really worried about crowds/media/etc. at the Auburn jail, they might keep up the ruse for just an hour or two to get him quietly into an Auburn jail cell.

But with all the reporters/crews/bystanders/law enforcement/other emergency people on the scene, it's hard to imagine they could have smuggled him out unseen or without word getting out by now

But if they were really worried about crowds/media/etc. at the Auburn jail, they might keep up the ruse for just an hour or two to get him quietly into an Auburn jail cell.

But with all the reporters/crews/bystanders/law enforcement/other emergency people on the scene, it's hard to imagine they could have smuggled him out unseen or without word getting out by now

Right. That is why I said that I would give them just a couple of hours, the time it took to get him transported and booked. The mayor saying the Marshals will make the decision to either go in or keep guards all night leads me to think he is still in there.

I doubt they already have him. They are not going to waste resources by keeping guards at a house guarding nothing all night.

That's what I was thinking as well. With so many people in the area, was there a car in a location that they could have placed him in that car and then drive it away without anyone seeing it?

I, personally, have had a very long day. I am going to bed.

To everyone on this page,

Bless you all! I hope they find this individual and he faces the justice he deserves for hurting our family. I pray these young men can find their way to Heaven and rest peacefully. May they shine down on the AU field this year!

It was reported there was flash in the house and then the blinds were closed, then after that the spotlight was turned off. That all makes sense if they were trying to sneak him out. I had thought about the fact that he might have been shot and killed with the flash being seen and the blinds closed, but than if that happened, it makes more sense to tell everybody it is over, because then a crime scene team would have to come in and do their thing.

It was reported there was flash in the house and then the blinds were closed, then after that the spotlight was turned off. That all makes sense if they were trying to sneak him out. I had thought about the fact that he might have been shot and killed with the flash being seen and the blinds closed, but than if that happened, it makes more sense to tell everybody it is over, because then a crime scene team would have to come in and do their thing.

The reporters also would have heard the gunshots...Nothing here makes sense...

What happened to the thermal imaging? Couldn't they use that to pinpoint his location?

The possibility of him being in the walls was brought up. If he is in a wall surrounded by installation, I am not sure how well thermal imaging can penetrate insulation. I guess it would depend on the quality of the equipment?

What happened to the thermal imaging? Couldn't they use that to pinpoint his location?

Yeah, earlier they were saying he (if it is the guy) was only 5' 4" and about 100 lbs, and people have been known to contort themselves into the tiniest of hiding space in similar situations. But even Harry Houdini couldn't have hidden from thermal imaging!

But they also just said the attic had lots of insulation and he may have buried himself under it somewhere...would that impair the thermal imaging? I don't see how if they imaged him from outside the attic earlier, but I don't know.

Although WSFA went off the air, they have left the feed of the camera on the house on. Just in case, I guess...

Gotta be tough to be apart of the media out there. But they've done a wonderful job.

The possibility of him being in the walls was brought up. If he is in a wall surrounded by installation, I am not sure how well thermal imaging can penetrate insulation. I guess it would depend on the quality of the equipment?

I have had a little experience with thermal imaging when I was a fire fighter. They do have sensitivity levels but most are not really made to pick up something as low as body heat through thick walls. They would need military grade stuff for that

I have had a little experience with thermal imaging when I was a fire fighter. They do have sensitivity levels but most are not really made to pick up something as low as body heat through thick walls. They would need military grade stuff for that

Don't know, but would think US Marshalls would have access to whatever technology they needed.

That was what I was thinking. I know they make them strong enough to penetrate thick shielding, but we don't know the quality of equipment being used. We don't know if the imager is the MPD's or the U.S. Marshalls. The latter should have access to better equipment, but it may be an issue of requisitioning to the site, so they might not have the good stuff yet.

WHNT 19 in Huntsville is saying they are doing at "toe-to-toe" search and focusing on the HVAC system.

Just throwing this out there, but from what I've seen about this neighborhood, it looks like one with just a few house styles/models. Would the reporters be able to possibly check out the surrounding houses to see what kind of material and layout that these officials are dealing with?

Just throwing this out there, but from what I've seen about this neighborhood, it looks like one with just a few house styles/models. Would the reporters be able to possibly check out the surrounding houses to see what kind of material and layout that these officials are dealing with?

I can pretty much bet they already have the floor-plan and might have even talked to the builder.

@chambc1

A very reliable source tells me no one is in the house, obviously nothing confirmed. Good night, thanks for following :)

You have got to be kidding me...

Per WHNT 19 just a few minutes ago:

According to WSFA and our crew on the scene, officials are leaving, but they are confident someone is still in the house, despite the SWAT team having been through it. Including 16 guys in the attic. US Marshalls will remain guarding the house.

@chambc1

Don't know details, and can't confirm anything but source tells me "I would be absolutely shocked if someone is in house. I would go home"

Goodnight....ugh...

@KaribiDede

Pretty sure we've all been hoaxed. That kid is in the back of a AUPD car headed to Auburn.

Karibi seems to believe that they put him in a car so they could get him back without any commotion. Could explain why the spotlight went out...

I could understand why they wouldn't want anyone to know they were in the process of moving him back to Auburn if they did indeed have him and cover it up. Wouldn't have to worry about any incidents on the road or someone waiting for the arrival in Auburn.

It is amazing how this story has captured the nations attention, mean six or seven were shot in Chicago after this happened. Yet when I was at the gym today people that knew I was a AU grad or had seen me wearing something AU to workout in spoke to me about the incident with a general concern.

Yeah it is amazing seeing as how It HASN'T captured anybody's attention except us. NOT ONE of the national networks are covering this at all. There MAY be an article or two on some news sites, but NOTHING of any significance at all. Like I said earlier, if this involved a different university it WOULD be all over the news, IMO. CNN, FOX, etc...were all at Virginia Tech doing live reports. NONE are there. I'm actually amazed even WSFA is still covering it live at this point...

I can't speak for the larger markets, but small ones like Chicago have been covering it. And remember you are talking about something that happens every single day in the city of Chicago...... and they dedicated time for it on their news coverge in the first segement. Importing stories of shootings is something they do not have to do here. In fact it got more time than the local shootings that involved more victems. No they didn't do like WSFA and cut the Cup to live report, but they don't even do that for local standoffs so don't expect them to do that for something in Montgomery.

It may not be Fox or CNN, but it is the third largest TV market in the United States. If it's getting on the news here its getting national attention.

I'm sure now that Demario Pitts, one of the victims of this shooting was the alleged accidental killer of his cousin (by way of Gsw) a sophomore high school student in Auburn this March. We have to change the culture of 20 year olds carrying guns and having so little respect for life that they go shooting each other over arguments. Even if the prior shooting was an accident (ruled by APD as accidental so I trust), it seems like a potential motive to me if there was already some distrust about the situation at the clubhouse. Just my 2 cents...we still need prayers for this community.

Archived