2015 4* JUCO ATH Jason Smith recommits to AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is why he came to Auburn. Smith wants to play QB in college. He does not want to play any other position. He thinks he is good enough, and from what I have seen of him I think he is too.

I had read that he wants to be a QB first, but is open to another position should it turn out that way.  I don't think his mentality is "I'm a QB, or forget it!"

They are claiming on BOL that Smith did in fact have a commitable offer from Alabama, but only as a DB.  The difference is Auburn gave him a legit shot at QB. 

This is coming from a mod over there.

That is why he came to Auburn. Smith wants to play QB in college. He does not want to play any other position. He thinks he is good enough, and from what I have seen of him I think he is too.

He has said many times that he'll play another position if thats what best for the team, as long as he gets a fair shot at QB first. He has committed to AU, not for the recruits, current players or even current staff but to the school. We were his favorite from the beginning and nothing was done/not done by another school that changed his mind. He has been privately committed for more than a month now...  I'm not sure if JJ is playing in it or not but I know JSmith is playing basketball in the North/South All Star Classic in Montgomery today.

[ /quote]

Can we stick to positives on a thread celebrating a player's commitment?

Sorry...my cynicism over this recruiting business got the best of me.  Seen too many commits, flips, re-flips, etc to get very excited about these early "commits".   

Better to just  :-X

[ /quote]

Sorry...my cynicism over this recruiting business got the best of me.  Seen too many commits, flips, re-flips, etc to get very excited about these early "commits".   

Yep, everyone agrees.

[ /quote]

I completely understand where you are coming from. I just think it's better to be voiced in another thread out of respect for a recruit's decision to commit.

I am really excited about this guy. He seems to have alot of drive and determination to be a qb. just what we need plus a hell of a athlete. this guy is going to be something special. :wareagle:

Great news. Is he probably going to end up at WR or does he have a legitimate shot at playing QB?

He will get a shot at QB first but could end up as a WR or DB.

Same as Ryan White a couple of years ago. Athletic youngster. :we:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Congrats to Jason Smith on earning his 4* from Rivals. War Eagle Jason

And to celebrate this award I am announcing all of his games this year are available on ihigh.com for live and archived streaming beginning with an exhibition Friday versus Northridge and Bo Scarbrough

Andrew Bone ‏@AndrewJBone

#Auburn commitment Jason Smith told me schools like Ole Miss, Arkansas and Houston still heavily recruiting him.

Yeah schools, especially the ones noted would love to get JS from us. He is such a great athlete and football player in general. Guys like him are extemely valuable as they can fill so many roles. Even QB!

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the stands for the game btw UMS and MGT. Jason Smith is a great high school qb, but IMO he will not play it in college. He is as quick as any one I have seen in person. He has a good arm and makes good decisions. The reason I do not believe he will play qb is his size. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him tonight and look forward to seeing him in the OandB!!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, we appear to be hanging our hats on either JJ or Jason Smith becoming a quality SEC caliber QB very quickly in their college careers. The QB situation at AU is dire. We need immediate help. Everyone needs to understand how important the '13 QBs recruits are going to be.

Did Smith play this past Friday? If so, how did he do?

We need to focus on what's important. Do we need to open up the '13 QB recruiting again based upon what we know about AU's current QBs? Certainly, we can sell immediate playing time. It doesn't matter how good our DL or LB recruits are....if we do not have a quarterback who can lead this team, then we are all destined for a lot of negative emotion until we do have a QB who can play the game at this level.

Guys, we appear to be hanging our hats on either JJ or Jason Smith becoming a quality SEC caliber QB very quickly in their college careers. The QB situation at AU is dire. We need immediate help. Everyone needs to understand how important the '13 QBs recruits are going to be.

Did Smith play this past Friday? If so, how did he do?

We need to focus on what's important. Do we need to open up the '13 QB recruiting again based upon what we know about AU's current QBs? Certainly, we can sell immediate playing time. It doesn't matter how good our DL or LB recruits are....if we do not have a quarterback who can lead this team, then we are all destined for a lot of negative emotion until we do have a QB who can play the game at this level.

See my post in the Johnson thread. It applies here as well.

@

CadillacBrown

Or maybe you are being reactionary like fans were with Jason C and Stan White. KF is young he will mature, just as Jason C. & Stan White did and just as Pat S. did. Imagine if coach Shug had given up on Pat S. after he threw 5 picks in his first SEC road game?-which he did.

@

CadillacBrown

Or maybe you are being reactionary like fans were with Jason C and Stan White. KF is young he will mature, just as Jason C. & Stan White did and just as Pat S. did. Imagine if coach Shug had given up on Pat S. after he threw 5 picks in his first SEC road game?-which he did.

People need to go outside more. It's nice today.

Archived