2015 4* JUCO ATH Jason Smith recommits to AU!

RunInRed

He was probably assured before, but I would think after today's news about Clint Moseley, that Jason Smith is now almost guaranteed a fair shot at playing QB. He is also a good WR so we would miss out on that but he will fit well in Gus's system as a QB too. Nice problem for Gus to have.

Frazier has shown me nothing yet.

I can't argue with what you put, however I also know that Frazier has spent his entire football life in a system like CGM's. I think this year we will see what Frazier can do and remember why CGM wanted him so badly. It's just my opinion and strong belief that with Frazier's talents and CGM's system, you will see "Kiehl Football" next year.

Inferno, I have been saying this since Gus was hired, so I could not agree more. In speaking with his father after the hire I know that they were both quite relieved. They never told me this themselves, but I believe Kiehl may have seriously been considering a transfer and I would not have blamed him a bit. They both were put through a'lot last year and shouldered way more than their share of the blame. And like the true Auburn men they both are, neither of them has ever pointed fingers of blame at anyone else. (Even though they very well could have!)

Robin (AUQBdad) and Kiehl and family are incredibly good people who I greatly admire, and probably much better people than 99%. Amazing how they have held up under such horrendous treatment by rogue football fans. Would love to see Kiehl be successful and I believe it will happen, but either way: that family seems to be some of the best people we will ever encounter. They are true Auburn Family!

Just out of curiosity is my quote that "Keihl has shown me nothing yet" the foundation for the rogue fan and horrendous treatment comment or are you referring to other instances?

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Legless, are you forgetting Julio Jones or are you saying you think Cooper will be better than him? If it's the latter, I disagree.

From the small amount I've seen of Smith, I think the Cooper thing is a pretty good comparison.

Legless, are you forgetting Julio Jones or are you saying you think Cooper will be better than him? If it's the latter, I disagree.

From the small amount I've seen of Smith, I think the Cooper thing is a pretty good comparison.

No, I know all about Julio. I think Cooper will blow it wide open next year. But yeah, Julio was great.

Cooper will be a MUCH BETTER college receiver. Whether he is better at the pro leve is questionable.

Sorry, but Cooper will be a better reciever than Julio. Julio could block with the best of them but I haven't seen Cooper drop a ball yet. Julio dropped many in his collegiate career and also in his early pro career.

Sorry, but Cooper will be a better reciever than Julio. Julio could block with the best of them but I haven't seen Cooper drop a ball yet. Julio dropped many in his collegiate career and also in his early pro career.

Wasn't he a Fr this past year? He had over 1000 yds rec correct?

Jason Smith was a lot better high school QB this season than Jonathon Wallace was his senior year. How that translates to college remains to be seen, but the potential is there.

In all fairness he should be just with his supporting class. McGill had some if the best players money can buy, literally. It's a private school big enough to play 6-A sports.

Only one real statistical difference for Cooper and Jones: TDs.

Jones - 58 catches, 924 yards, 4 TDs

Cooper - 59 catches 1000 yards, 11 TDs

I'll also go out on the thickest limb in view and say Jones was a much better blocker as a Freshman.

BUT I'll admit when I'm wrong. Jones had a bad (for him) Sophomore year. If Cooper shows more consistency, he'll pass Jones' career accomplishments. Jones' peak was scary though (78 rec., 1100+ yards). There are not many WRs capable of MUCH BETTER than that season.

And now, back to Jason Smith!

I'll also go out on the thickest limb in view and say Jones was a much better blocker as a Freshman.

BUT I'll admit when I'm wrong. Jones had a bad (for him) Sophomore year. If Cooper shows more consistency, he'll pass Jones' career accomplishments. Jones' peak was scary though (78 rec., 1100+ yards). There are not many WRs capable of MUCH BETTER than that season.

Stats are nice, but Julio had a greater impact on the opposition's coverage schemes than Cooper ever will. That's not a knock on Cooper, either. He's the most refined true freshman receiver since Julio and AJ, just not the physical freak like Julio.

Stats are nice, but Julio had a greater impact on the opposition's coverage schemes than Cooper ever will. That's not a knock on Cooper, either. He's the most refined true freshman receiver since Julio and AJ, just not the physical freak like Julio.

We'll see......stay tuned.

Are you guys really arguing about which BAMA receiver is better on an AUBURN message board?

Are you guys really arguing about which BAMA receiver is better on an AUBURN message board?

Yes!...LOL.

I was making a comparison of JSmith to ACooper

Yes!...LOL.

I watched Jason play against MGM this year and yes he is very good. He did have a great game against Mississippi as a receiver. I can't wait to see him in J-H in the future either as a QB or WR. WAR EAGLE!

Yes!...LOL.

I watched Jason play against MGM this year and yes he is very good. He did have a great game against Mississippi as a receiver. I can't wait to see him in J-H in the future either as a QB or WR. WAR EAGLE!

He's definitely special. He had a good supporting cast but IMO he's kinda Cam-esque in that they wouldn't have been NEARLY as good without him.

He was probably assured before, but I would think after today's news about Clint Moseley, that Jason Smith is now almost guaranteed a fair shot at playing QB. He is also a good WR so we would miss out on that but he will fit well in Gus's system as a QB too. Nice problem for Gus to have.

I can't argue with what you put, however I also know that Frazier has spent his entire football life in a system like CGM's. I think this year we will see what Frazier can do and remember why CGM wanted him so badly. It's just my opinion and strong belief that with Frazier's talents and CGM's system, you will see "Kiehl Football" next year.

Inferno, I have been saying this since Gus was hired, so I could not agree more. In speaking with his father after the hire I know that they were both quite relieved. They never told me this themselves, but I believe Kiehl may have seriously been considering a transfer and I would not have blamed him a bit. They both were put through a'lot last year and shouldered way more than their share of the blame. And like the true Auburn men they both are, neither of them has ever pointed fingers of blame at anyone else. (Even though they very well could have!)

Robin (AUQBdad) and Kiehl and family are incredibly good people who I greatly admire, and probably much better people than 99%. Amazing how they have held up under such horrendous treatment by rogue football fans. Would love to see Kiehl be successful and I believe it will happen, but either way: that family seems to be some of the best people we will ever encounter. They are true Auburn Family!

Sorry I posted this on Jsmiths thread, but you guys went off on bama players, so I will voice opinion on AuQbs. I think Frazier was screwed by the last coaching staff. He is under who he needs to be under and this year will tell the tale. I would say right now he is #1 going in. It remains to be seen, but this is the Offense he is used to running. If he can't make it now, he will not make it. He has all the makings, I think he was left high and dry on the coaching. Time will tell. Mods, please put this where it belongs if not here.

Sorry I posted this on Jsmiths thread, but you guys went off on bama players, so I will voice opinion on AuQbs. I think Frazier was screwed by the last coaching staff. He is under who he needs to be under and this year will tell the tale. I would say right now he is #1 going in. It remains to be seen, but this is the Offense he is used to running. If he can't make it now, he will not make it. He has all the makings, I think he was left high and dry on the coaching. Time will tell. Mods, please put this where it belongs if not here.

I hope Kiehl can get it together. He looked lost as all get out last year. I agree he is in good hands with Gus over him now. Time to put up or shut up about it this spring though.

Kiehl was not the only mismanaged player under the old regime, but his was most evident and scrutinized.

Smith will be good in CGM's O...

I hope Kiehl can get it together. He looked lost as all get out last year. I agree he is in good hands with Gus over him now. Time to put up or shut up about it this spring though.

He was making strides in the Arky game even with the OL saying oley! and letting the Arky DL go wild like the Bulls in Pamplona. He was doing a pretty darn good job in that game of avoiding the rush. We all saw what happened to Clint M. when he went in with less mobility (no fault of his own-coaches should have signed some juco OL to give the young OL a chance to RS-a couple of solid Juco OL could have made a big difference).

i think he is the best player that we will sign

Maybe not the highest ranked but I agree that he may end up being the best player in this class when it is all said and done. I think he is that good.

He deserves the ranking. He is an unreal ath... will be what we all hoped T Reed was going to be at WR.

T Reed still has two years left. Don't count him out yet. Injuries can really retard a players ability and so can inept coaching.

I still don't bash his position coach like some folks do, but I agree. Reed still has plenty of ball to play before the book is written on him.

Good for Jason that he's getting accolades. He earned them. QB or WR, I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

EagleDamnWar@EagleDamnWar

Congrats to AU commit Jason Smith for skyrocketing in the final 247 rankings. He is a 4*, #104 overall recruit, and #10 WR. @JasonQB_7

Wow, terrific news. Congrats to Jason

Archived