2015 4* JUCO ATH Jason Smith recommits to AU!

RunInRed

It is a shame this is the route Jason decided to take. I Imagine our coaching staff was fully appraised. We really need good WR's sooner, not later.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a shame this is the route Jason decided to take. I Imagine our coaching staff was fully appraised. We really need good WR's sooner, not later.

Again, he very likely didn't "decide" anything. 99% degree of certainty is that he didn't make the grades necessary to get qualified after a season of prep school so he was forced to go the JUCO route. Best guess is he needed to accomplish some academic stuff over the summer and didn't get it done.

I really thought he'd be an immediate contributor at AU this season. Statistics indicate that now he'll never suit up for Auburn. Losing him is not good for Auburn, IMHO.

Again, he very likely didn't "decide" anything. 99% degree of certainty is that he didn't make the grades necessary to get qualified after a season of prep school so he was forced to go the JUCO route. Best guess is he needed to accomplish some academic stuff over the summer and didn't get it done.

I really thought he'd be an immediate contributor at AU this season. Statistics indicate that now he'll never suit up for Auburn. Losing him is not good for Auburn, IMHO.

I saw him during Alabama/Mississippi all star game. Great kid, versatile athlete...great attitude. Lets hope hid finds his way back to Auburn.

Folks, take easy on E. Its not secret. :-\/>

>>> LINK <<<

Exactly, it's NOT a secret. So why in the world did ellitor try to make it into a secret? This is not an isolated incident. His pretending that some bit of info is confidential when there's clearly no reason for confidentiality has happened time after time.

>>> LINK <<<

Exactly, it's NOT a secret. So why in the world did ellitor try to make it into a secret? This is not an isolated incident. His pretending that some bit of info is confidential when there's clearly no reason for confidentiality has happened time after time.

It was not public knowledge when I posted it.

>>> LINK <<<

Seems to be his MO... gotta stay important in your own mind!

Seems to be his MO... gotta stay important in your own mind!

U3nv5.gif

Nice try but you sooo don't know me or my motivations. I am humble with all this stuff. It's always about the info and not about me. If you guys must know I did it for you guys. I side stepped procedures to get you guys what I felt was important info on a sitch many AU fans care about. It can be debated on whether I should have waited but in this case I do not regret getting the info out for you guys as soon as I got it regardless of where it came from.

99% of the time E has some really good posts... worth reading nearly every time...

Others who seem to have a critical spirit and want to argue/criticize all the time on here = not so much... greatly detract instead of add to the board...

Just saying

99% of the time E has some really good posts... worth reading nearly every time...

Others who seem to have a critical spirit and want to argue/criticize all the time on here = not so much... greatly detract instead of add to the board...

Just saying

E offers great information and this stuff is obviously a passion to him.We all need to thank him.

Just saying

E offers great information and this stuff is obviously a passion to him.We all need to thank him.

Agreed.

Any-way back to Jason Smith. I hope he gets that juco diploma in a year and a half so he can be on The Plains in January 2015.

It's true that E can post some very good info and I personally read and appreciate everything he posts. I think most people's problems with him is the elitist way he comes across on message boards(not just here, another board too). He can be a great poster 9/10 times and then come across like a chick that wants to be put on a pedestal the next. He's probably a great guy in person, but just doesn't come across very well on message boards. He does post really good info and, personally, I'm glad that he's here.

I'm looking forward to having Jason rejoin the Tigers as soon as he gets his grades in order.

Me too au4e, me too. He is very talented and it upsets me that someone in these kids lives fails to stress education! It could make the difference between an NFL career or flipping burgers for a living. Nothing wrong with burgers but if you are as talented as JS and have time for practice you have time for school as well. I hope he sees this as a challenge and makes it back. We need him, period.

Any-way back to Jason Smith. I hope he gets that juco diploma in a year and a half so he can be on The Plains in January 2015.

I hope we do as well. I also hope we get Robinson back not only due to his skill but he was one of the original commits that stuck by AU through the whole process. He took all the negative recruitment from Bama and others and still stuck with his heart. For that dedication I hope Gus lets Robinson and Smith rejoin the AU class when they are available to.

Anyone, I saw a post that said chances that someone goes through what Jason is now, going to JC, etc, resigns with AU are slim. Is this true?

Anyone, I saw a post that said chances that someone goes through what Jason is now, going to JC, etc, resigns with AU are slim. Is this true?

I'd say so, especially if Auburn gets quality depth at WR. Why go get a JUCO guy when you already have guys who have been in your program for 1-3 years who know the playbook. Also, why get a guy who might have 2 maybe 3 if lucky years to play when you can get a HS stud that you can develop and have possibly 4 more years after a redshirt? The thing is players who go JUCO were needed at that time and the needs of a team can change. That is one of the reasons many players who go juco don't get back to the school they originally wanted.

It is rare, especially at AU. Things change, situations change, it was encouraging to me that Mahlzan has contacted or spoken to the JUCO coach. Told them to RS him.

The last player I can remember Auburn signing out of high school, going to JUCO and re-signing with AU two years later was Brandon Jacobs. That was in 2003, ten years ago. There have been a bunch of non-qualifiers signed since then but Jacobs is the only one I can recall showing back up and he was only here one year before moving on again. If anybody can recall a more recent player that fits that description, please post.

In general, when they have to go the JUCO route it's the end of the story for the player at Auburn.

The last player I can remember Auburn signing out of high school, going to JUCO and re-signing with AU two years later was Brandon Jacobs. That was in 2003, ten years ago. There have been a bunch of non-qualifiers signed since then but Jacobs is the only one I can recall showing back up and he was only here one year before moving on again. If anybody can recall a more recent player that fits that description, please post.

In general, when they have to go the JUCO route it's the end of the story for the player at Auburn.

Does Nick Fairley not fall in this category.....

Yes, and Eltoro Freeman I believe.

Yes, and Eltoro Freeman I believe.

Yes they both do, that's why I asked. Jacobs was the only one I could think up and one seemed too few given the large number of non-qualifiers we've signed in the past ten years or so. Still, the odds are very poor that a guy returns.

Archived