Some things are certain from Auburn Undercover

AUSportTalk

There aren’t a lot of things I know for certain about Auburn’s search for a new head football coach, but there are a few things.

Among them:

* Florida State offensive coordinator and “head coach in waiting” Jimbo Fisher has not been contacted, officially or unofficially, by anyone from Auburn or anyone representing Auburn. That doesn’t mean he won’t be. In fact, I expect he will be.

* Will Muschamp isn’t coming. Despite persistent rumors that say he’s been in Auburn, been here, been there, Muschamp is staying at Texas, where he is the defensive coordinator and head coach in waiting.

* Texas Tech coach Mike Leach was never a serious candidate, not even for one day.

* Students can march, talk show hosts can ramble on, national columnists can ask their questions, but none of it changes what happened last Wednesday. Tommy Tuberville resigned as Auburn’s head coach. He was not fired and he was not forced out. You can question why he felt the need to resign, why he decided his time as Auburn’s coach was up, but the facts are the facts.

* Just because someone gets an interview doesn’t mean he’s a serious candidate for the job. Ball State’s Brady Hoke, for instance, is not going to be Auburn’s next head coach. Neither is Pat Nix. Neither is Rodney Garner.

Think about it how many colleges are gonna come out and say that their coach is talking to Auburn? Not very many at least not the big name schools. So when they hold the press conference and tell us who our new coach is dont be surprised when it's not somebody that was on the "LIST" 

I have been keeping my mouth shut b/c i have thought the whole time that Coach Tubs really resigned and i knew for sure that Garner and Nix weren't real candidates they were just helping the two of the out in the long run!

Was it just a rumor that Tuberville's mother said that he was fired?  Also, why did we pay him the entire buyout if not contractually obligated to?  Why not "just" $1M?

I think that his mom did say that "he was fired" but i also think that she was looking through some glasses and she saw that her son no longer worked for Auburn so thats what she assumed......also on the money thats the only thing that makes people wonder.....if Auburn wouldn't have paid Tubs the 5.1M then nobody would be questioning the fact that he resigned.....but Auburn put themselves in that situation so there is gonna be speculation

Archived