Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:aufb: I'm Rob from franklin,tn all in family, grad in 1960, played for coach Jordan, great man and coach, two daughters both Au grads, got a 8 yr old grandson is going to be like Peyton Manning, got the brains and arm etc, but is an auburn guy all the way.  :we:

:aufb: I'm Rob from franklin,tn all in family, grad in 1960, played for coach Jordan, great man and coach, two daughters both Au grads, got a 8 yr old grandson is going to be like Peyton Manning, got the brains and arm etc, but is an auburn guy all the way.   :we:

Welcome to AE.....

Now that's a great first post tennauman. You should check out this thread for some of older guys. Shug was a frat. brother, Theta Chi, of mind.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=15990.0

I grew up in Goodwater about 60 miles north of Auburn on old US 280 ( US 280 has bypassed the town when it was four laned).

I am the seond from my family to attend Auburn after my older brother did in the early 1960's. I have sisters that attended and one married an AU grad. Nephews and nieces attend and third generation on the way. I watch many a game at legion field with that great "50/50" split (so not true).

I have been a fan since the early 1960's. I am retired military and celebrated Auburn victories all over the world. One of the best was in Thule Greenland in the 70's.

My Dad would send me cassette tapes that I played in my car. Sure got strange looks when people heard the games coming from my car in downtown Rome, Italy.

I held viewing the Alabama game party on Guam when the local cable company sportscaster, Tom Blas an Auburn grad, copied them and brought over to house. This was when all TV programs were delayed for a week.

Great Thread!  I am very happy to know some of you better now.  My name is Lee.  I was born in B'ham and grew up in Chattanooga, TN (hello Trenton).  I have been a War Eagle since birth.  Unfortunately, I had to go to Tennesse and then to Arkansas, but I have never cheered  for either.  My father is an AU grad and everything an Auburn man should be.  I recall my first trip to Auburn.  I was five and we walked the entire campus.  He showed me every significant place and explained  every tradition.  My grandfather was the first "voice of Auburn football" doing the games on radio and helping to establish the Auburn Network (12 stations in 1944).  My grandfather later did the public address at the stadium and before every opening kickoff would say "I can't hear you" as the crowd started WARRRRRRRRRRRR Eagle, thus my screen name.  It was great, as a kid going to the games with him and getting to go up in the press box, meeting Coach Jordan, and occassionally seeing some of the players.  Anyway, love Auburn and Auburn people and I really appreciate AE. 

Bird is a molecular biologist?  I would have guessed mental patient. :o:laugh:

yay, i've been looking for a thread like this to "introduce" myself.

i was born and raised in Birmingham and have always been a dye-hard Auburn fan... watched every game, never left early, you know the drill. It's great to be an Auburn tiger.

my childhood dream as a kid was to some day play soccer at Auburn (eventhough there wasn't a varsity team at the time). As luck would have it, there was a varsity team by the time i was old enough to play and my childhood dream was realized... and it's still one of my favorite accomplishments :)

i graduated in 2000 and now live in Portland, OR. i still can't believe the year that i finally saw Auburn win a National Championship, i was living in the competition's state. What a trip.

War Eagle!!

I've been around here for a while now. Kinda late to introduce myself.  :dunno: Anyway, I was born and raised in Montgomery and I now live in Birmingham. I've been living in Birmingham since 2001. I'm a life long AU fan. My whole family are Tigers through and through. My connection to AU is through my cousin, QR#41, who played back in the late 80's and now works as sidleline reporter for the AU Radio Network. I've followed AU closely my whole life and will always do just that. I been a member here for over a year now and absolutely love this site, the mods and the members who all play a part in making this place what it is.

Hey guys, I'm an '04 AU grad, born and raised in Southeast Missouri and living there again now.  Some of my best years were spent at Auburn, and I still get that "Christmas morning" feeling everytime I visit Auburn.  Try to make it back at least once a year. 

My wife, unfortunately is an Ole Miss grad, so I am 'forced' to cheer for them as well as AU, at least in front of our kids and family. 

I joined this site a few weeks ago and really have not explored much outside of the "Football recruiting" pages.  Now that NSD is over, it's been fun to read other opinions and ideas from you all on the other pages.  This is a very well maintained site, my new favorite. 

War Eagle!

• 2 weeks later...

:wareagle:

I graduated from AU in 1974 and my wife got her Ph.D. there. We went to all the home games for over 20 years - now mostly watch on tv while enjoying the farm.

I graduated from AU in 1974 and my wife got her Ph.D. there. We went to all the home games for over 20 years - now mostly watch on tv while enjoying the farm.

Welcome Blue_Sky You graduated the same year as me. Post often

Welcome Blue_Sky You graduated the same year as me. Post often

Hey golf he said 1974 not 1794 :tease:

Welcome Blue_Sky!

I live in Mobile, I graduated from Auburn in 1979 in Pharmacy, I currently have 2 sons in Auburn (Senior and Junior). I have purchased season tickets for 31 years, my 2 sons grew up going to Auburn football games, it was a family event, we attended with my brother and his family.  We used to have an RV and parked it in the collisium lot (till they out priced us). My youngest son's 1st Auburn game was when he was 5 months old...both of my son's 1st ice cream was from the "Flush".  Both have played in the marching band.

WAR EAGLE! 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Archived