Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

My name is Mark. I live in Tallahassee, Fl. Was born in Auburn in 1965. Moved away at a young age but the longing to be back there stayed with me over the K-12 school years. Went back for college and graduated in 1990. Been bleeding Orange and blue my whole life! WAR EAGLE!

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all,

My name is Chhorn (pronounced like Corn with an "h" stuck between the "c" and the "o"  :) ).  I currently live in Montgomery, AL and work as an IT contractor for the USAF and also as a part-time photographer with my wife (also attended Auburn and as big of a fan as I am).  I grew up in Auburn and attended AU (physically/not so much mentally ;)) from 1997-2002.  I have been an Auburn fan from day one.  My father has two graduate degrees from Auburn and my brother is also an Auburn grad.  It's great to see a growing community like AE where fans like us can congrgate.  Glad to be here and :wareagle: !!     

Welcome Chhorn! Post often.

:we:

Will do Flush.  I like the name :).  I miss the old Sani-Freeze (a.k.a. "The Flush").  Brings back some old memories. 

Dad was a huge Auburn fan and he raised my to love Auburn football

My Dad's family hails from the Mobile Area

My Grandpa's lifelong best friend started middle linebacker for Auburn

My aunt graduated from Auburn

My uncle graduated from Auburn

Wow I have been on this site for almost a year and didn't know about this so here is a late introduction...

My name is Jon...I live in Montgomery, AL.  I served in the Army for 15 years with two tours of duty in Iraq.  I am a volunteer fire fighter in Pintlala, Al.  I am the Facility Engineer for the US EPA in Montgomery.  My wife and sisters attended Auburn and my kids tell me everyday thats the only school they will consider going too.  My baby sister is currently going to Auburn.  I have a very close friend who is a department head.  Other than that I love Auburn. :wedance:

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed this thread also, but I haven't been a member here for very long either.

I started out at Auburn, but after a few quarters of partying waaaay too hard, I transferred to JSU and finished there.  My Father is an Alumni Association member and has been a season ticket holder since 1981 as well.

I am now living in northeastern Jefferson County...just outside of Bammerham.

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Keith.  Grew up in Oneonta, AL home of RB Tommy Lowery for you older guys.  Currently living in Trussville, AL.  Have 2 uncles that attended Auburn in the 60's, and I graduated in '89.  First game I witnessed was in ''83 with Auburn vs. Maryland and "Boomer" Esiason was their QB.  Donnie Humphrey and company made him wish that he wasn't.

Thanks to all you guys that make this site a reality.  WDE!!!

@JRGrules

My name is Keith.  Grew up in Oneonta, AL home of RB Tommy Lowery for you older guys.  Currently living in Trussville, AL.  Have 2 uncles that attended Auburn in the 60's, and I graduated in '89.  First game I witnessed was in ''83 with Auburn vs. Maryland and "Boomer" Esiason was their QB.  Donnie Humphrey and company made him wish that he wasn't.

Thanks to all you guys that make this site a reality.  WDE!!!

@JRGrules

Welcome to AE Keith, I believe Tommy Agee had a good game as well

Hey guys, life long Auburn fan. I have a cousin that played on the 1957 championship team. The only game I made it to this year was Homecoming. It was a fantastic trip because it was my dad's first ever trip to Jordan-Hare. We did the whole gameday expierence, including the Tiger Walk and seeing the national championship trophy. War Eagle!

My name is DeWayne and I live in the Tuscaloosa area. That is all right, don't feel sorry for me. I am a martyr for the cause behind enemy lines. It takes at least 10 Alabama fans to equal the IQ of pretty much any Auburn fan, so it is almost a fair fight when we are talking intelligence. I work for a pest control company and am a life insurance agent in my spare time. Grew up in family that is Alabama. 2nd of 4 boys, and the last 3 of us never cheer for them. We all saw the light. Have been to 23 Auburn games, including the BCS game in Arizona, and Auburn is 20-3 in those games. Probably was our players and coaches that had a lot to do with that, not me being there. Look forward to another great season, and love the website.

My name is Clive. Grew up in Elba, AL. My father attended and graduated from 'ole API after WWII on the GI Bill. Thanks dad! I graduated from a smaller, closer to home college. Thanks dad! I have spent the last appr 30 yrs in NW Louisiana " rebuking the blasphemers". Personal observation: LSU fans have two things in common with bammers. First, a loss is always blamed on a combination of poor officiating and their better athletes that underperformed. (NEVER will they give any credit to a team that actually spanks them.) Secondly, they lack objectivity about almost all topics.  My first AU Football Game was a season home opener against the Moccasins from Chattanooga in the early sixties. Thanks dad. Great memories from the Gator Bowl trip, Pat & Terry led Tigers vs Ole Miss led by a cast wearing Archie Manning. Thanks dad. Several others along the way. Was invited by some dear bammer neighbors to attend the Punt Bama Punt Iron Bowl. Awesome. Thanks Dad for letting me go. Man, I miss my dad.

My mama used to bake cookies and send them to some of the players. This was around the time back when Lionel ' Little Train' James was playing. Man, I miss my mama too. She hated the other schools and their fans!

My name is Clive. Grew up in Elba, AL. My father attended and graduated from 'ole API after WWII on the GI Bill. Thanks dad! I graduated from a smaller, closer to home college. Thanks dad! I have spent the last appr 30 yrs in NW Louisiana " rebuking the blasphemers". Personal observation: LSU fans have two things in common with bammers. First, a loss is always blamed on a combination of poor officiating and their better athletes that underperformed. (NEVER will they give any credit to a team that actually spanks them.) Secondly, they lack objectivity about almost all topics.  My first AU Football Game was a season home opener against the Moccasins from Chattanooga in the early sixties. Thanks dad. Great memories from the Gator Bowl trip, Pat & Terry led Tigers vs Ole Miss led by a cast wearing Archie Manning. Thanks dad. Several others along the way. Was invited by some dear bammer neighbors to attend the Punt Bama Punt Iron Bowl. Awesome. Thanks Dad for letting me go. Man, I miss my dad.

My mama used to bake cookies and send them to some of the players. This was around the time back when Lionel ' Little Train' James was playing. Man, I miss my mama too. She hated the other schools and their fans!

Great story Jimmy2shoes

Archived