Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Believe it or not, I am actually a graduate of the University of Alabama.  I grew up and remained an avid fan of them all growing up and through college, even many years after college.  I had the fortune of marrying a graduate of Auburn University.  My wife is an avid and devoted fan who definitely makes her voice known!  After being around her for a while, she started making me see the error of my ways all these years!  Also, the cockiness of the UA fan base started getting to me.  I had been subjected to it for so long, that I truly was one of them.  After seeing the way that true Auburn fans act, and after going to several ball games with my wife, I could see something was different about Auburn.  The Auburn that I grew up hating was not the Auburn that she showed to me.  I realized that I honestly fit into the Auburn way of thinking much more than I ever had the Bammer way of thinking.  With all that said, I can now proudly say that I bleed orange and blue.  The Auburn family has taken this "stepchild" and adopted me as one of their own even in spite of my misguided past! :wareagle:

Guest autigercourt

I'm fairly new around here. I'm originally from Dalton, GA, but moved to Auburn for college in 2003 and have been here since. I'm currently in my 3rd year of pharmacy school at Auburn, and will be moving to Birmingham to start my rotations in May. I have been an Auburn fan all my life and actually lived in Auburn when I was younger. When my mom got a job that would move us, she left it up to me, a rising 6th grader. I made a deal with her. We could move, only if I could come to Auburn for college! She kept up her end of the deal! :)

I live in Northwest Florida near Pensacola.  I wasn't able to attend Auburn myself although I always wanted to.  My grandfather graduated from API in 1954, and as a result I was born and raised a die hard Auburn fan.  My seven year old son already says he wants to go to Auburn, so I guess I've done something right.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, my name's Mike and I'm a forensic scientist.  I'm origionally from Waco, Tx, but currently reside near Savannah, Georgia.  Working on moving back to central Texas.  Used to be a die hard Baylor bear until the army sent me to Rucker for 4 years.  Since then I'm orange and blue - through and through. 

Hey - I'm Jamey Crosson from Gadsden, Alabama. My first three years of life, I was dressed in Alabama garb by my parents until my aunt showed me the light. "Jamey, I thought your favorite animal was a tiger?" "It is." "Well, you should be an Auburn fan because they're the Auburn TIGERS. You like Tigers better than Elephants don't you?" "Yes mam." The rest was history. ;)

I really became a true, true fan in '93, and have been passionate ever since. War Eagle!

Hey - I'm Jamey Crosson from Gadsden, Alabama. My first three years of life, I was dressed in Alabama garb by my parents until my aunt showed me the light. "Jamey, I thought your favorite animal was a tiger?" "It is." "Well, you should be an Auburn fan because they're the Auburn TIGERS. You like Tigers better than Elephants don't you?" "Yes mam." The rest was history. ;)

I really became a true, true fan in '93, and have been passionate ever since. War Eagle!

welcome home Jamey, we're glad to have you. Post often.

:wedance: My names Doug McCoy. I've been an Auburn Tiger fan since 1963. Jimmy Sidle, Tucker Fredrickson were players back then. I wanted to attend Auburn, but money and Uncle Sam got in the way. I live in Cook Springs, Al. My oldest daughter is an Auburn Grad.  :wareagle:

hey Mike, I'm living in Temple, TX.  Glad you found AE, welcome home.

Thanks, man.  I was just in Temple today visiting a friend.  Haven't been there in probably close to 7 years.  Boy has it changed.

Archived