Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grew up and auburn fan my whole life. Grew up in the Mobile/Spanish Fort area. Leaving for Auburn in 6 days to begin my journey through Auburn University

I'll say welcome and post often but I think you got the posting part covered. :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

Much to my chagrin, my ties to Auburn are purely emotional. I grew up just outside D.C., and only a few miles from the U of Md. I came to AL. in '76 and soon became friends with an AU student working in B'ham in '78. I went to my first Auburn game in B'ham and became a fan of the team instantly, but I became an Auburn fan the first time I visited the campus. I would love to retire there, but only time will tell if that will be possible.

:believe::wareagle:

• 3 weeks later...

Dale

I live in Mccomb,Ms and graduated in 1965

Born and raised in Tuscaloosa; capital of the redneck nation.

My mother worked at Bryant Hall for the bear at the turd university for many years; I know all there is to know about bama fans. I used to visit their athletic dorm all the time and what a joke they are!

I am 100% pure bama hater!

I love this site!  WAREAGLE!!

Welcome Dale!!  I graduated in 1965 also.  Suggestion:  us more "seasoned" member have a thread under General Chat entitled "OLDEST AE MEMBER", where we share old AU memories.  Please contribute, we'd love to hear your stories!!

Ed from Birmingham area.  Connection with AU is 90% of my family graduated from there (I had a free ride to UAB for undergrad so was one of the few that didn't go to AU).  And I'm still living in Birmingham.

:we:

Hi All and War Eagle

Our family ties to Auburn go back to when my Granddad moved to Auburn in the 30's. Most of my family went to Auburn and most were assisted somehow by my Grand Parents, Marvin and Linda Meadows. My uncle played catcher for the tigers baseball team in the 60's. My great uncle graduated AU on the GI bill after WWII living with his brother at my G dad's place.

I graduated from Auburn on March 19, 1993. I would have starved while at Auburn if it weren't for Momma G's and Rose's Chinese (Next to Heart of Auburn)

I live in Budapest, Hungary now. I rarely get back to Auburn. But, I love it. I listen to games on the internet radio.

It must be said that I love Auburn sports. However, sports are only part of what makes Auburn great.

Anyway, War Eagle everybody

• 1 month later...

I was born in CA, moved to Birmingham AL when I was 5. One of the first things my neighbors asked me was are you an Alabama or Auburn fan. Well I had no clue who Alabama or Auburn was. They (Alabama fans) told me that Alabama was the best team in the nation and Auburn was the orange and blue team. My fave color was blue so I was leaning towards the blue automatically. I asked what the mascot (animal) was, they told me that Alabama was the elephants and auburn was the tigers and eagles. Well my favorite animal was an Eagle so I was sold on Auburn the first day I step foot in this state in 1974.

I wanted to go to AU more than anything else but after I graduated HS but my parents did not have any funds at the time. So I went to work, and moved to Huntsville when I was 18. Found work and put my self through college at UAH where I got my bachelors, but my heart was always in Auburn. I did visit my Friends in Auburn as much as possible and had a great time every time I was there.

I love AU and will always be a fan but it kills me that I never went to school there. I am hoping one day to go for a on-line masters degree to achieve my ultimate goal. It might be some time because I am putting my step-daughter thru private school, she wants to go to AU Vet school. She went to vet summer camp at AU this year and I think I was more excited than she was.

Love AU, love the fans and the AU family. My goal is to be an alumni one day, and it will happen.

Another interesting note that I have noticed is that if you are an Auburn fan is that people assume that you graduated from Auburn. If you have an AU shirt or cap people will always ask you when you graduated. I have many Bama friends and other Bama fans never ask other Bama when they graduate because most Alabama fans have never attended school at Alabama. Just an observation, has anyone else noticed this???

War Eagle Forever...

:believe:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I've posted on here a couple of times but not in a LONG time, anyhow my story is grew up an FSU fan, went to Auburn after high school and grew to love AU although I still am an FSU fan as well graduated this past August and am now an AU Alum in the ATL!

Well, my name is Trent and I have too have a drinking problem... ooh wait, this isnt AA. I have always lived in the Birmingham area, and I have always had class so I decided to be an AU fan as a child. A few of my best friends were also big fans so they helped me out. 5 of my best friends all go to AU, and I LOVE Auburn. I am a junior at Birmingham-Southern College where I study spanish and education.

WDE

Hello everyone! I became an Auburn fan at a young age. I chose to be an Auburn fan because my family (specifically my father) was mainly bama fans. Dad took me a few games on the Plains when I was younger and that helped solidify my connection to AU! After high school, I went to Univ of South Alabama in Mobile for a couple of years. I attented Auburn Univ Montgomery briefly also.  While living in Montgomery, I had several friends that were in Auburn so I visited there weekly and loved every second of it- what a lovely place! I am now in the Dothan,AL area and still say WDE!

Good to see you here jeffcov1, I am new as well and love this message board. I took the same route as you becoming a fan of Auburn and I have had no regrets, War Eagle Forever.

Archived