Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'm from Covington county in south Alabama. I've been an Auburn fan ever since I can remember. I grew up in the 90s watching the games with my dad. War Eagle!!!  :we:

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

BS from Auburn in 1976.

MS from AUM in 1978.

Son at AU now.

Raised an Alabama fan; my dad attended the U of A, Tuscaloosa.

But it's obvious that he and my mom didn't raise a fool (see above).

My mom is from Bibb County so I have many relatives in Tuscaloosa;

most family reunions are held in Tuscaloosa. I always wear old shoes

to them because when I get back home to Autauga County, I burn them.

I really enjoy the banter and great information on AE.

Oh, by the way, my exwife is a big UAT fan. I've been happily divorced

for 16 wonderful years. My best lady of nearly 13 years is a very precious

Tiger that takes NO "slack jaw" from anybody about the mighty Blue & Orange.

I live in North Alabama. I have two degrees from Auburn. I am married to a bama fan, but both of my children are huge Auburn fans. I am a child of a former Auburn player and coach.

I live in North Alabama. I have two degrees from Auburn. I am married to a bama fan, but both of my children are huge Auburn fans. I am a child of a former Auburn player and coach.

That must have been fun growing up. Welcome home.  :we:

Graduated in 1964 BS and again in 1966 MBA.  Grew up in Fairhope and currently live in western North Carolina.  Retired, play golf and agitate on behalf of AU.  Brother also AU grad.  Fortunately no UAT grads or fans in the family

Born and bred in SC.  All-American Swimmer at AU in the Eighties.  Living in the heart of darkness in B'ham.  Wife's a Gamecock.

James

Originally from Columbia, SC. Graduated Auburn in 1993. Now live in Charleston, SC.

Sometime I feel like its me against the entire Gamecock Nation, and I still whip their asses every time. Let's just hope the trend continues this year in the dump known as Williams-Brice. I'll hear about it if they win, believe me.

WDE

Graduated in 1964 BS and again in 1966 MBA.  Grew up in Fairhope and currently live in western North Carolina.  Retired, play golf and agitate on behalf of AU.  Brother also AU grad.  Fortunately no UAT grads or fans in the family

I would say welcome, but I doubt you need that. Grew up in Fairhope? I didn't technically "live" in Fairhope, but I would say I grew up on the piers and beaches in Fairhope. I have always loved Fairhope, its a great place.

I would say welcome, but I doubt you need that. Grew up in Fairhope? I didn't technically "live" in Fairhope, but I would say I grew up on the piers and beaches in Fairhope. I have always loved Fairhope, its a great place.

Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope FairhopeFairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope

...Did you say FAIRHOPE? ;D

Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope FairhopeFairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope Fairhope

...Did you say FAIRHOPE? ;D

;D Caught on to that huh?  :rolleyes:

Always enjoy reading everyone's story!! Good to see some activity in this thread!! Thank you all for sharing and a warm welcome to all the new members!! WAR EAGLE!!

Been a member for several months, but just noticed this thread, so...

From: Originally from Birmingham (not especially fond of bammerham, parents moved to Orange Beach almost 10 years ago, so I rarely go back to the ham).

Connection to AU: Undergrad and masters both from AU in 2000's. Parents both AU grads. Grandparents AU grads. Aunt, uncle, first cousins, and numerous other AU alums in family including current / former professors and administrators. Season tickets passed down from grandparents to parents in unbroken string since 1950's. First AU game with my parents at age 2.5.

Currently: Moved to Atlanta after graduation for a couple of years. Been in south florida most of last 5 years. Currently in Sunny Isles Beach (about halfway between Miami and Fort Lauderdale).

War Eagle. :we:

Thanks. Happy to be here. I lurked for the past couple of years before joining, but this is the best AU board there is without a doubt. Thanks to the mods and creators of the board for helping it to be what it is (along with all the members of course).

New to the board.  Grew up in Chattanooga, TN then at AU from 90-94.  Father graduated from AU in 1958.  Fun fact; my fathers senior year, fall 1957, and my senior year, fall 1993, were both perfect seasons!  We hoped it would not be until one of my offspring was a senior and fortunately my oldest is 10 and we already have 2 more.  Currently live in Helena, AL.

Archived