Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am from Scottsboro Al... im Just a life long fan, grew up in a house full of bammers. I am also married to an AU fan...

:we:

I'm from Scotts-vegas also! I grew up in a house full of bammers too, but was smarter than my family and attended AU. I'm engaged to an Auburn fan.

I am a life long resident of Talladega. My grandfather went to Auburn in the 40's and was a season ticket holder till the day he died. Having only girls he would take my mother and my aunt to games where they would often run wild in the locker rooms after games while my grandfather was talking with Coach Jordan. My mother has several chin straps and various pads that where given to her by the players and since her dad died when she was 14 those memories of Auburn are all the more special. I've been going to games since I was 4 and I still remember several games like they were yesterday. Auburn is just a special place to me and although I never attended a class there, I love it like it's a member of my family.

Lives in Smyrna, GA. Originally from Muscle Shoals, AL. My Dad ('77, '84), sister ('07) and myself ('10) are all AU graduates.

Well, I have been posting for over a year and I just found this topic. Here goes,

I graduated from Auburn in 1980, my wife graduated in 1981.

We live in Atlanta, GA and remain big fans and interested in everything Auburn. We have 2 kids. Living in Atlanta, both went to UGA. The Hope scholarship helped our finances  alot. We were glad they went to UGA for that reason. Both our girls are UGA fans but they both have a soft spot in their hearts for AU. I am sure that is because of their parents.

I am a huge recruiting follower and have to say that last year's football team was a huge highlight in our lives.

I really appreciate this site and thanks goes to the Mods and members. War Eagle!

Jay from Montgomery. Born and raised there. Attended AU for 2 years then ended up at AUM where I met my wife and now have 2 little boys , one 3 and one 6 months. Household is AU to the core. Never been more proud of a group of guys than the ones that trotted out there every game for the orange and blue last year. Glad to be part of this board, looking forward to an eventful season. WDE!

My name is JP.  I graduated (EE) from Auburn in '98. I also met my wife, Cari, at Auburn.  She graduated in '99.  We are now in Dallas, TX.  My older brother Bill also went to Auburn.  I was in the band while I was there and I tried out for Aubie.  I read more than I post, but I love the site.

War Eagle!!

Wow, I have also been reading and posting here for a while but never knew about this thread. Pretty neat. I am from Covington County, sadly I am a "Sidewalk Alumni" but I love Auburn. I was a Bammer until age 7 when a deacon in our Church took me and a few others to some off game for AU. He was a big time booster so we got to sit in the Premium seats. I instantly fell in love with AU and came home and told my Mom and Dad I was no longer a Bama fan. I did almost 10 years in the Army with 3 deployments to "combat" zones. As I posted in a different forum I now am a "Finder of Bad Guys" , I drop various groups of good dudes off to find various groups of bad dudes and drugs in Taliban land and make a sweet paycheck doing it. The novelty of getting shot at wears off fairly quickly though. Anytime I am out on Mission here, I am usually rocking the Auburn Eagle T-Shirt or Hat. I have had numerous comments from people at the tiniest little outposts in this Wild West of a country. War Eagle!!  :wareagle:

HI all:  Been a member of about 18 months (joined when they made you join to get access prior to NSD).  Read often, post seldom.  Member name is AU (obvious) plus my middle name.  AU grad in 1988, degree in IE.  Raised in Atlanta, lived TX, AZ, FLA, and Germany since graduation.  Have graduate degrees from Texas A&M and UF, but have always and will always will consider myself a AU Tiger.

My name is Sean Moorer, and im from Oxford/Beauregard/Gadsden/ Cleveland.  Been in the family 36 years come July 18. I go to Wallace state in hanceville,al for HVAC/R. I LOVE AUBURN!!!! :wedance:

My name is Cody...Been an AU fan my entire life...My dad raised me as an AU fan and my mom was a bama fan (not an updyke by far) and so is my brother (also not an updyke)...my sister and her husband are season ticket holders at AU...I plan to transfer to Auburn nxt Fall and study Business (marketing) and get a masters in Sports Management or Communications...I went to my first Auburn game in 2009 for "Navy Nightmare" against Ole Miss and at that time told my dad I would finish my college career at AU...I would like to tell the Admins and Mods that this is a great site and it is great to get the inside info that you all pass along to us...Thank you all...DWWD! WDE! G2G! ALL IN!

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings from Maryland!

Even though I live in ACC territory, I became a big Auburn fan in 2010 and it's all thanks to Cam Newton.  I kept hearing his name on ESPN and other media outlets for weeks and was curious to see what all the hoopla was about. When I finally saw him on TV my jaw dropped.  I guess you could say it was "all in" at first sight and I've been following Auburn ever since. Congratulations on a spectacular season and continued success in 2011.  :bow:  In the words of NY Jet Bart Scott- "can't wait."  Lastly to the moderators of this forum- Keep up the great work!!

:wareagle:                                                                                 

Hi Bigbird,

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I'm from Baltimore- home of the woeful Orioles, the always competitive Ravens and Auburn & seemingly every sports team outfitter- UA   :) 

:we:

I spent a few year in Upper Marlboro, close to Andrews AFB.  I did a lot of crabbing up that way though. A beautiful area.

I spent a few year in Upper Marlboro, close to Andrews AFB.  I did a lot of crabbing up that way though. A beautiful area.

Welcome to AE CamsQT48. And as for bird crabbing I'll leave it alone.

Welcome to AE CamsQT48. And as for bird crabbing I'll leave it alone.

thank you.

Archived