Member Info: Where you are and what is your connection to AU

The Duke

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ft. Lauderdale now, originally from B'ham, AU class of '78. Thanks for this forum and creating a great alternative to that awful al.com "you suck, no you suck" forum.

Starting posting before I introduced myself.  Sorry about that.  Bart C.  from Gadsden.  AU c/o '95.  2nd generation.  My dad is c/o '62.

Post number 215 and I'm just now find this thread. Uhhh... Hello? I'm Tim thus the T in TMad. The rest is like the coach. I'm currently living in Chelsae, Alabama. While I was born in Birmingham, AL, jobs had us moving around. In 1970, at the age of 8, we moved back to Birmingham (Ensley). I quickly made a friend and he was an Alabama fan, so I wanted to be one too. "SAY WHAT!?". That's when my mom bought me my first Auburn jersey and the rest is history. Man those Barfield years were hard ones but I think it made better Auburn people out of all of us.

War Eagle

Oh... I married an Alabama girl and she's corrupted our little girl with her madness. It's all fun however Mom and Dad don't talk football in front of the kid.

One son graduated from Auburn three years ago with a Masters in Aerospace Engineering.  However, he refuses to support me.... :(

Welcome to AE dad! Aerospace Engineering huh? I happen to be studying that right now at AU. WDE!

One son graduated from Auburn three years ago with a Masters in Aerospace Engineering.  However, he refuses to support me.... :(

Welcome to AE AuburnDad. I know some Jersey guys that could put some more education on your son if need be

• 1 month later...

My name is Lori.  Live in Suwanee, GA.  Daughter will be graduating next month from Auburn.  Originally from TX...lived in Chicago for 16 years...chose ATL to semi-retire...daughter picked Auburn over Bama and UGA...great choice!!! Love being part of the Auburn Family....WAR EAGLE!!!

Welcome home lbhamilton,  I'm glad you are part of our Auburn and Auburneagle families.  Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming graduation.  BTW, where in Texas are you originally from?

Hi !! My name is Mike.  Born overseas in England.  Came to America in 1979 when I was nine. Three years later in 1982 I

saw Bo Jackson play on tv and the rest is history.  I live in Pelham, AL. and have a wonderful wife and a 18 month old  boy and a 5 month old girl.  I live in a house divided.  My son gets to wear all the cool auburn gear and my wife dresses my baby girl in ugly crimson.  Funny thing is my wife knows nothing about football. Even though my son is only 18 months old he watched every Auburn football game with me this year(and man it was a great year).  I am sure he will be the first of many Auburn graduates from our family.  I love this site and think the mods have great inside info. 

P.S.  I am very passionate about Auburn football and can be a smart a## sometimes.  Be blessed!  WAR DAM EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Welcome to Auburn Eagle lbhamilton!! Hope you enjoy your stay!! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or problems. WAR EAGLE!!

AUDomination

Little late to the thread.

I was born into an Auburn family in Atlanta in 1984.  My dad's side of the family went to Auburn, and my mom's side are Alabama fans.  My dad converted my mom when they started dating.  I was an Auburn fan at a very early age, and have pictures of me as a baby in an Auburn sweatshirt and other various clothing.  My first Auburn game I ever went to was 2 months before I was born versus Georgia Tech.

We moved about the country for several years before making it to Birmingham where we settled for about 12 years and I was able to finally get to many more games-and some seasons every home game.  I attended Southern Union out of high school for a little while before life hit me in the face and I was forced out of a college career.

Now living in Memphis, things have finally settled down and I'm able to return to Auburn and continue my education in the Spring of 2012 with my beloved girlfriend(who I converted from a UT fan).

People say home is where the heart is, and my home has been Auburn for many years...even when I've been away.

Thanks for reading, and War Eagle!

Archived