Demond Washington

AUSportTalk

Washington, 5-foot-9, 185 pounds, will take an official visit to Auburn and said Wednesday he's already leaning towards making the switch. Auburn is 35 miles from Washington's hometown of Tallassee, Ala.

This from scout.com

"That stuff is not true at all," stated the always personable Demond Washington. "I am still committed to Ole Miss. I just called Coach Dickerson at Ole Miss to let him know it was not true."

How did those rumors get started?

"Some reporter from Alabama called me and told me that he heard that I decommitted from Ole Miss and committed to Auburn, and I told him it was not true. He kept saying, you know between me and you that you are going to, trying to get me to say that I decommitted, and I told him that I was still solid with Ole Miss, but I was going to take a visit to Auburn this weekend. The next thing I know, he went out and basically said that I was headed to Auburn, which was totally not true."

Why visit Auburn this weekend if Demond is still committed to Ole Miss?

"Ole Miss wants me at running back. Auburn is offering me as a cornerback. But Eltoro Freeman, a teammate of mine just enrolled at Auburn. He keeps telling me how badly Auburn wants me down there. There is nothing to it. It is just a visit. I want to play offense. I am not playing defense in college. I just played defense this year to help the team out. But I am not going to Auburn to play defense. I am still rock solid with Ole Miss. I gave them my word, and I am not going back on it. I am just going over to Auburn to hang out with Eltoro Freeman because I told him I would. There is nothing to it."

Demond rushed for 1, 180 yards and 12 TD's as a freshman. He moved over to cornerback as a sophomore and totaled 55 tackles, 18 pass deflections, 7 interceptions and he returned 3 of them for TD's. He was named 1st Team All-American for his play on the field.

Goldberg heard the clip of him saying he is thinking about decommitting...very good friends with Eltoro Freeman...If Campbell is hired, they get their former coach again...

Yeah well there is really no telling....we will know alot more after he visits....i talked to Eltoro earlier and he said that he thought he could talk him into coming to Auburn as long as he comes here and gives the coaches and host a chance

Archived