Jay Jacobs deserves a new found respect... please read

guerra aguila

I wont go to far into details about this, but I was wondering what you guys think about Jay Jacobs now?

A guy who was called Bobby Lowders puppet, booed at an Air Port and now is on youtube. Criticized and basically humiliated on national television by Jemell Hill, Paul Finebaum and Josh Boone (i think thats their names). Finebaum ripped Jacobs and took every shot he could at him for the Chizik hire.

Pat Dye came out and said that Jacobs was a true Auburn man, and wanted what was best for the Auburn family. So far with Chiziks hire, he has showed me that he really thought this through. He hired the right man for the job, and I think Jay Jacobs deserves a little more credit then he has recieved. I know Chizik has not even coached his first game, but it cannot be denied that he has done a marvelous job of recruiting. These efforts will eventually have to pay off on the playing field.

Jacobs quoted "I was looking for a guy who had experience in the SEC, and who was a relentless recruiter. I wanted to find the "right" fit for Auburn"

I personally have met Jacobs. I work at Home Depot and I had a chance to help him in the Electrical section. Throughout the day I had to deal with many moody customers. Jay Jacobs was by far the nicest person that I had the luxury of helping that day. I had earned a new found respect for him, and as ive said in earlier posts... im pulling for Jay Jacobs and Gene Chizik to shock the world.

WAR DAMN EAGLE... Auburn Nation

Jay Jacobs is a true Auburn man and a man of integrity.  Every decision he makes is based on faith and prayer and he is trying his best to set hisself apart from Lowder and friends and I believe a perfect example of that was the hiring of Coach Chizik.  That was his hire and he went with the man he truly believed was the right guy for the job.  Jay Jacobs has my full support.  A man of God standing for how he feels will always face great adversity and he knows that and is ok with it.  Some truly special things are starting to happen at Auburn, imo, and we can thank him for that.  War Eagle JAY!!!!

Guest auburn warrior

i agree and what i really like about coach chizik is he said hes not gonna waste his time with someon that doesn't want to be here

when it was first announced that Tubberville would no longer be coaching the tigers, I have to admit that I blamed JJ. then I saw how he handled the head coach search and read a couple of articles that made me realize that he had Auburn at heart. his job is not an easy one at all and its extremely hard to keep everyone happy...

Archived