Eddie Gran

auburn4ever

Does anyone know why coach Chizik didn't keep coach Gran? I was really hoping he would have. We all knew what a great recruiter he is. Just ask Tenn.

From what I can remember he wanted to retain him but Tennessee evidently had a better offer. I maybe wrong but I think that was how that played out. If anybody has better insight on that please correct me if I'm wrong :)

I think the main reason he didn't keep him is b/c he didn't really want any hangovers from Tubervilles staff unless they had close Auburn ties but we all know how that ended up. I love Eddie and his family to death but I think it was the right move for Chizik.

I think the main reason he didn't keep him is b/c he didn't really want any hangovers from Tubervilles staff unless they had close Auburn ties but we all know how that ended up. I love Eddie and his family to death but I think it was the right move for Chizik.

I think you got it right on AUSportTalk. Even though Gran was a great coach I think CGC did the right thing by "cleaning house" from the Tuberville era.

I think Luper might be a better recruiter than Gran, will have to wait and see how well he coaches up the RB's. I will say this for Gran, He is a hell of a nice guy and all around good person and was a good represenative of AU while he was here. Its a shame he fell in with a bunch of shirt ripping nut jobs up in K-ville. :laugh:

I think Luper might be a better recruiter than Gran, will have to wait and see how well he coaches up the RB's. I will say this for Gran, He is a hell of a nice guy and all around good person and was a good represenative of AU while he was here. Its a shame he fell in with a bunch of shirt ripping nut jobs up in K-ville. :laugh:

I just got a image in my head of Gran ripping his shirt off too :laugh: Dang, lame kiffin is a bad influence up there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are we sure it wasn't Mrs.Kiffen ripping off her shirt?..Otherwise I believe recruits would just think they were in a bad Village People Reunion...What do I know, Im old school...

Archived