Jeremy Richardson: Weekend to Remember

auburn4ever

Jeremy Richardson By Jason Caldwell

Inside The Auburn Tigers

Posted Jun 1, 2009

Wide receiver prospect Jeremy Richardson talks about his experience at Auburn's Big Cat Weekend that attracted high profile prospects.

Springville, Ala.--Big wide receiver Jeremy Richardson was one of the many talented football prospects in over the weekend for Auburn’s Big Cat Weekend and he says the experience is one he won’t soon forget.

Joining prospects such as Marcus Lattimore, Lache Seastrunk and Trovon Reed on the offensive side of the ball, Richardson says the chance to meet and hang out with some of the top high school players in the country provided for a memorable experience.

“The weekend went good,” Richardson says. “Me and Chase (Chase Hughes) got to Auburn Friday night. I had been looking everyone up online to find out about them so it was good to get to meet them.

“I got to hang out with them and they’re pretty cool guys. If we all go there it would be great because we all get along. It would be great if we all came down there. It was a lot of fun.”

With Auburn very high on Richardson’s list coming into the weekend, the 6-4, 205 receiver says the Tigers continue to move even higher after the experience he had on his latest trip.

“It helped Auburn more,” Richardson says. “They’re the only school that would do something like this. They brought all the top guys and got them all in one place and let them know each other. It was kind of interesting how they did it. I guess everyone is wondering how they did it, but they did it. That’s pretty impressive.”

Even though he doesn’t plan on making a decision anytime soon, he says currently he has a number one and then everyone else.

“I’m going to take my time with my decision, but right now Auburn is at the top,” Richardson says. “I’m looking at pretty much everybody else after that.”

While recruiting and being in the public eye has gotten the Auburn coaching staff plenty of attention, it’s what they do out of the spotlight that has made the difference for players such as Richardson. He says that Gene Chizik’s staff puts him at ease and that’s what he likes about the Tigers at the moment.

“They’re all about family,” Richardson says. “They want to grow as a family first and do all that first before talking about football. That really means a lot to me because I’m from a big family. I really like that.”

Something else working in Auburn’s favor at the moment is Hughes. Richardson’s teammate at Springville, he’s also being recruited by the Tigers and drove the two down for the weekend. Richardson says they’re leaning on each other during the recruiting process and could wind up going to the same school.

“Having him helps me a lot,” Richardson says. “If we wanted to we could go to the same school and be roommates. That means a lot to me. If anything happened and I got homesick or something he would be right there. It would help me out if he was there because we’ve been friends for a long time.”

Archived