Kentucky game advice

Displ8stAUTiger

Hey guys...I know it is early to discuss the Kentucky game, but I would REALLY appreciate some advice. I am traveling down to Auburn from Pennsylvania for my "one-game-a-season" road trip. Being an Auburn man that lives so far away, the trip to Auburn is a special time for me. It also happens to be the weekend before my birthday...just saying. Even better- this season I am bringing some yankees with me! I have two buddies (Penn State fans :dunno:) coming with me to take in the Auburn experience. I have been to Penn State games with them and taken in the experience of State College...I am also going with them to the Penn State vs. Iowa game this coming weekend. I just found out that the Game Day boys will be there for that one (pretty cool :thumbsup:)... Hence the reason for my question.

I want their Auburn experience to :hellyeah: "rock their world"  :hellyeah:!! I realize the Kentucky game probably won't have the national flare just because...well...its Kentucky :dunno:. Heck, it probably won't even make a night game kick off because...well...its Kentucky :dunno:.

On the flip side of that coin- I know the southern hospitality, the food, the beautiful women, and the level of football can make any grown man weak in the knees... :thumbsup:

I am asking you gentlemen to help me plan the "perfect" Auburn experience for me and my two buddies. Where should we eat? Where should we tailgate? What should they absolutely see before we walk into the stadium to see Spirit fly? Help me plan this trip to be the best Auburn experience that can happen for me and my two dillusional Penn State friends.

Thanks and War Damn Eagle!

Without a doubt, Tiger Walk will be a part of our day/night! As well as rolling Toomer's corner after we beat down Kentucky.

We are all three golfers, so I foresee a round at the Grand National and maybe one at Moore's Mill (if I can call in a favor from an old buddy).

I'd say check out Niffers if your in town on Friday, there is usualy a great comingling of the opposing teams fans and the food is great. As far as things to see and do before the game, I'd say check out the activities around the Coloseum and definatley Tiger Walk. One of my favorite thing is to just roam around campus and take the whole thing in not to mention the free eats that you usualy get offered along the way. As far as tailgating goes, if it's on Auburns campus anywhere is going to be great. Happy early B-Day and War Damn Eagle

:wedance: :wedance:  

Maybe eat at Creole Seafood Shack.

I just looked that up online...looks great! I may add that to our lists of restaurants...along with Cheeburger Cheeburger and Byron's Smoke House!

I'd say check out Niffers if your in town on Friday, there is usualy a great comingling of the opposing teams fans and the food is great. As far as things to see and do before the game, I'd say check out the activities around the Coloseum and definatley Tiger Walk. One of my favorite thing is to just roam around campus and take the whole thing in not to mention the free eats that you usualy get offered along the way. As far as tailgating goes, if it's on Auburns campus anywhere is going to be great. Happy early B-Day and War Damn Eagle

:wedance: :wedance:  

Thanks for the advice and the birthday wishes...WDE!

just bc Tubs liked Byrons, don't make it a great BBQ joint, Mike and Eds is better BBQ in Auburn, unfortunatley they are closed on game day Saturdays and Sundays

just bc Tubs liked Byrons, don't make it a great BBQ joint, Mike and Eds is better BBQ in Auburn, unfortunatley they are closed on game day Saturdays and Sundays

^^^THIS^^^

I'm gonna have to agree. Byron's is good and a place unique to Auburn, but Mike & Ed's has the best hickory sauce and sweet tea IMO. I am sure there will be several rebuttals following. Last time I checked, you could call a couple of days ahead and order a tailgating package to pick up on gameday, but you couldn't go in and eat. Mellow Mushroom is always good after the game, too. It's not unique to Auburn, but I'm sure they don't have them north of the Mason-Dixon and it's the best pizza around IMO.

^^^THIS^^^

I'm gonna have to agree. Byron's is good and a place unique to Auburn, but Mike & Ed's has the best hickory sauce and sweet tea IMO. I am sure there will be several rebuttals following. Last time I checked, you could call a couple of days ahead and order a tailgating package to pick up on gameday, but you couldn't go in and eat. Mellow Mushroom is always good after the game, too. It's not unique to Auburn, but I'm sure they don't have them north of the Mason-Dixon and it's the best pizza around IMO.

Byroms always has atleast a couple of good looking ladeis behind the counter so you can make an ass out of yourself.

Robert Trent Jones, Chucks BBQ, Tiger Walk, Trophy Room if open, Toomers, Rolling Toomers, AE Tail Gate,Supper Club ...Lastly , the AU Southern Belles, Ive been to Penn State and the coeds are ....well not like Auburns....

Robert Trent Jones, Chucks BBQ, Tiger Walk, Trophy Room if open, Toomers, Rolling Toomers, AE Tail Gate,Supper Club ...Lastly , the AU Southern Belles, Ive been to Penn State and the coeds are ....well not like Auburns....

I married a Penn State girl, so I know there is at least one hottie up this way...You are correct though about the ladies of Auburn...quality AND quantity!

Byrons is much better than M and E's.

Friday NIghts have become some kind of street party at toomer's.  TAilgate near campus, go to tigerwalk, game, toomers, Bodega's to enjoy the start of the night, and Supper Club to finish it off.

Byrons is much better than M and E's.

Only if you aren't in the mood for chopped (bite sized) bbq because Byrons does not serve it.  They have chipped or sliced only which has always disappointed me.    Now, they indeed have the best chipped bbq ever.  The stuff is amazing!

IMO, Byron's sliced bbq sandwich is the best in Auburn. If i'm in the mood for chipped, I go to BBQ house. I don't really like Mike and Ed's.

Interesting.  I have never tried their sliced bbq because I have never really been a fan of it.  I'll have to try it.

You have got to grab a sandwich at Momma Goldbergs before the game !!!

You have got to grab a sandwich at Momma Goldbergs before the game !!!

^^THIS!^^  Momma's Love, baby!!!!  An Auburn tradition for sure.  If you do that, though, then you have to stop by our tailgate since you can see it plainly from the Momma G's parking lot.  We are on the Lowder lawn. caddy corner to the restaurant.

Archived