Recruiting Reflection: Auburn and Alabama

wilsoct

Now as any good Auburn fan, I love/hate the competition we have with our neighbors to the northwest. But as NSD looms, I think we need to take off our O&B glasses and just look at what the state of Alabama is bringing in this year. Between Auburn and Alabama, we (us and the gumps) will have 60 of the most sought after recruits in the country, possibly 16 of Rivals Top 100. I, for one, think this is pretty darn impressive for a "bunch of rednecks"! War Eagle and......whatever they say ;)

Bama would take that topic and turn to how they have more out of those 60 or the ones they have are way more valuable, then throw in something about a moral victory, and something about a nc. So, no. Not to be mean, or hate on you're post. Just saying how irrational they would be..

Yea....well that's what separates us from them. Be the bigger man and be proud of what our state is accomplishing. It won't hurt you, I promise. WDE

This past decade I think it was 5 or 6 times the LSU/Auburn game decided who won the West. I think this next decade u could see that happen where it comes to down to whoever wins the Iron Bowl which would be big for the whole state! With that said I hope Bama goes 0-12 and never sign another talented football player again...  :zapbama:

This past decade I think it was 5 or 6 times the LSU/Auburn game decided who won the West. I think this next decade u could see that happen where it comes to down to whoever wins the Iron Bowl which would be big for the whole state! With that said I hope Bama goes 0-12 and never sign another talented football player again...  :zapbama:

Right before the NCAA utters those words I long to hear said to turdtown.Death penalty.

Now as any good Auburn fan, I love/hate the competition we have with our neighbors to the northwest. But as NSD looms, I think we need to take off our O&B glasses and just look at what the state of Alabama is bringing in this year. Between Auburn and Alabama, we (us and the gumps) will have 60 of the most sought after recruits in the country, possibly 16 of Rivals Top 100. I, for one, think this is pretty darn impressive for a "bunch of rednecks"! War Eagle and......whatever they say ;)

They are having a good year...No doubt. But the difference this year is, I wouldn't trade classes with them. I like our class better top to bottom and I actually think when it's all said and done 4 years from now, our class is going to be WAY better than theirs turns out to be. Just my opinion. I could be wrong but I just like our class and it's potential way more. I think Cam Newton will do more in his 2 years at AU than Phillip Simms will in 4 at bammer. That could very well turn out to be the worst prediction in the history of sports, but right now...that's what I think.

Well said Mayor, and might I add this top recruiting class is nothing at Bama. That's satans whole gig recruits, glamor, and media support. What is important is that even with all the glitz, and support thrown that way AUBURN, and it's new staff havent taken that back seat they were placed in. Instead we have gone out fought for players, and put together our own top 5 recruiting class, maybe even one of the best classes we have ever had.

I know that upsets the paul slimebums, and the bias media badly, as we were predicted to be nothing after their demi gods arrival. There has been a lot of money spent to boost the bama spectical, and to obtain the mountain top. We did it without the big money boosters, without the massive stadium expansion, without paying 4 million a year for a coach.

That's what makes Auburn such a great place to attend. We do it our way, we do it right, we dont cheat, and we do it when everyone says we cant. Your very right in your prediction this class will be classy!

Well my point wasn't to bash Alabama or to compare our class to theirs. Just stating that it's quite an accomplishment for one state to have two teams recruiting the top level talent and getting it! I mean the only other state that can say that is Florida, but UF is pulling most of that weight. Anyways, War Eagle guys

Archived