Byran Jones has made his decision....

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have spoke with someone that is in the know about the Jones situation and as of last night things were on the upswing for Auburn with Jones and they expected him to sign with Auburn. I can't confirm it's a done deal but I do feel good about him signing with Auburn on Wed.

Thanks, man...

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.... as we add more incredible young men to this class, this class will go down as the class that brought Auburn it second National Championship. By all rights, we should have 2-3 National Championships under our belt. However, the future looks very bright for bringing home a National Championship & maybe more.

Mr. Jones, you are most welcome to become a member of the Auburn Family!

:party::devil::party:

If you count them like the bammers we have 4. We  have won the national championship 93,83,57,13.

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/nationalchampions/a/champions-list.htm

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have spoke with someone that is in the know about the Jones situation and as of last night things were on the upswing for Auburn with Jones and they expected him to sign with Auburn. I can't confirm it's a done deal but I do feel good about him signing with Auburn on Wed.

So it is spoken, so it is DONE!!  War Eagle!!  :party: :party: :party:

So it is spoken, so it is DONE!!   War Eagle!!   :party: :party: :party:

I wouldn't call it a DONE DEAL but I do feel a lot better today than I did a few days ago.

So it is spoken, so it is DONE!!   War Eagle!!   :party: :party: :party:

I wouldn't call it a DONE DEAL but I do feel a lot better today than I did a few days ago.

Should the subject heading be changed to something like, "Looking Good for Jones," till it is a done deal?

Well I'm glad we left a good impression from the in-home last week for him to really think about during dead time. He knows we need DT and he knows he could be great with Tracy Rocker. Hopefully he signs the dotted line for AU Wednesday.

I hope arky's package deal turns on them they offered a 2* athelete to get this jones

I'm not sure what went on with that. I thought we were going to be too tight numbers-wise to pull any moves like that. A couple kids have left the team, which may have helped. FWIW, the packaged deal athlete you mentioned, Alan Turner, isn't chopped liver, despite the 2*s. I know you guys don't have anything against offering a "question marks" type recruit if it helps land an elite athlete. It's been part of recruiting for awhile I think. It would sting the fans a bit to miss on Jones after a deal like that.

I'm very confident that we get Jones. If we don't, Turner won't exactly be a waste IMO.

I hope arky's package deal turns on them they offered a 2* athelete to get this jones

I'm not sure what went on with that. I thought we were going to be too tight numbers-wise to pull any moves like that. A couple kids have left the team, which may have helped. FWIW, the packaged deal athlete you mentioned, Alan Turner, isn't chopped liver, despite the 2*s. I know you guys don't have anything against offering a "question marks" type recruit if it helps land an elite athlete. It's been part of recruiting for awhile I think. It would sting the fans a bit to miss on Jones after a deal like that.

I'm very confident that we get Jones. If we don't, Turner won't exactly be a waste IMO.

You never know about these *'s. I have seen 5* players come to Auburn all hyped up, and never see a down on the field. I have also seen 2* players come to Auburn, and have great college and NFL career's. Good luck to you guys this year, except the day we play. I wish your players the best of health that day, but I hope we get all the luck!

Even if you're right, dude, you're in direct opposition to the Admin and a Mod on this thread...Whether it's intentional or not, you're stirring the pot here...

Even if you're right, dude, you're in direct opposition to the Admin and a Mod on this thread...Whether it's intentional or not, you're stirring the pot here...

I wouldn't say stirring the part... offering a different opinion, yes. There's nothing with that though; that's part of the fun of discussions/forums.

he/she is an Arkansas fan here talking football. He/she has made no negative comment about Auburn, any of A E administration, or any member here. This person has done absolutely nothing wrong at all.

he/she is an Arkansas fan here talking football. He/she has made no negative comment about Auburn, any of A E administration, or any member here. This person has done absolutely nothing wrong at all.

When an Arkansas fan states that he/she is confident "we" (Arkansas) will get him on a pushpinned thread originated by a Mod entitled Byran Jones has made his Decision (to Auburn), it most certainly is a pot-stirring comment...I'm not necessarily in agreement with the subject heading, but the Admin has not changed it...I know it is not a done deal, but to make that statement in this particular thread is undermining.

When an Arkansas fan states that he/she is confident "we" (Arkansas) will get him on a pushpinned thread originated by a Mod entitled Byran Jones has made his Decision (to Auburn), it most certainly is a pot-stirring comment...I'm not necessarily in agreement with the subject heading, but the Admin has not changed it...I know it is not a done deal, but to make that statement in this particular thread is undermining.

You seem to have a stick jammed somewhere it ought not to be.  I've seen nothing out of line by the Arky visitor.  In fact, he seems to be conducting himself better than some regular AE posters.

You seem to have a stick jammed somewhere it ought not to be.  I've seen nothing out of line by the Arky visitor.  In fact, he seems to be conducting himself better than some regular AE posters.

Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I don't see anything wrong with what the arky fan said.

Interesting that AU fans claim the Turner offer is designed only to get Jones, and the Arky fans are positive that the Mosely offer was only to get Dyer. FWIW they also claim that Petrino would not even meet with Mosely as he is too slow for TE. No mention of the possibility of him playing OC-

Wow.... as we add more incredible young men to this class, this class will go down as the class that brought Auburn it second National Championship. By all rights, we should have 2-3 National Championships under our belt. However, the future looks very bright for bringing home a National Championship & maybe more.

Mr. Jones, you are most welcome to become a member of the Auburn Family!

:party::devil::party:

If you count them like the bammers we have 4. We  have won the national championship 93,83,57,13.

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/nationalchampions/a/champions-list.htm

If we count them like bammers we will have 8, not 4

Team Organization

1910 6–1 team Loren Maxwell

1913 undefeated 8–0 team Billingsley, James Howell, 1st-N-Goal

1914 undefeated 8–0–1 team James Howell

'1957 undefeated 10–0 team Associated Press, Billingsley, Fleming, Football Research, Helms, James Howell, 

Massey Ratings, National Championship Foundation, Nutshell Sports, Poling, Sagarin, Sorensen, Williamson,

David Wilson

1958 undefeated 9–0–1 team Montgomery Full Season Championship

1983 11–1 team ARGH, Billingsley, DKC, Eck, FACT, Fleming, Football Research, James Howell, Massey Ratings,

New York Times, Nutshell Sports, Sorensen, Sparks Achievement, David Wilson, 1st-N-Goal

1993 undefeated 11–0 team Harry Frye, National Championship Foundation, Nutshell Sports, Sparks Achievement,

David Wilson

2004 undefeated 13–0 team Darryl W. Perry, EFI, FansPoll, GBE, Hank Trexler, M Cubed

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auburn_Tigers_football

Archived