Byran Jones has made his decision....

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hate to rain on anyones parade but the OldBallCoach who is a very well respected poster on Scout and does have access to some pretty high ups inside the AD and among the staff is saying the big 4 left are pretty much 50/50 amd none are silent commits. I know the Mayor and ST have had a pretty good record in their predictions and I'm not saying they are wrong but I did want to put this out there so people aren't too dissappointed if we miss on a few.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=5548605

While the OldBallCoach is respected, I have never gotten the impression he is that connected with the new staff or a recruitnik.  He may be right, but I just have never considered him to be a go to guy on recruiting info.  Other than and including Mark, Jason, and SA, austudent22 is the best "insider" on the board.  Usually, when he says it, it is money.

wde

Funny thing is that Hogville posters already admit that there top recruits got away. Also interesting to note that something like 20 outta 23 commits are from OUTSIDE ARKY. That said, they believe their winning streak against AU will continue.

Some of them are reading no doubt, but I'll say again, Hogville isn't a good cross-section of our fan base.

Personally, I really wish we could have landed Dyer. It sucks to lose a player like that right in the heart of your state. That said, it would be an absolute disaster to lose Byran Jones when you look at our team needs. We did get a lot of out of state kids this year. Top to bottom the in-state talent was down, but talented at the top. Brishen Matthews was particularly tough to lose, but was understandable considering his ties outside AR.

While we did lose some top in-state guys, Byran would be the only loss I would classify as disastrous, if he does indeed choose Auburn. That's a big IF IMO.

"The more that kid opens his mouth the smarter Petrino looks. It must suck being bitter by 18. My message to Mosely would be to try to show humility. It will help soften the blow when the next coach at Auby tells U to look around so they can free up your scholarship. And all those Auburn fans kissing your ass to get to Dyer will be happy to see U go. Dont come home. Your a joke in this state. " qoute from arky message board.

This is how arky fans talk about there young men. How could any recruit want to stay in state with fans like that. Come home Jones, come home. :wedance:

Marshall - WHO are the Big 4 you refer too?

Hey ShugFan and War Eagle!!!! I am so glad you found this site. You will LOVE it much better than that "other" place! We need to get D and Gat here now! (it's mrautigers2u from over there)

Gee no one here has ever read, the Hog Herald(get a nickname)..........j/k. Someone just posted an example of what has been seen on your boards. Way to represent. Recruits read boards, families read boards.You guys are doing us a world of good. Keep up the great work. We'll be seeing each other soon enough.

I don't disagree with anything you posted and I'm personally more inclined to believe ST(even over Mark, Jason, Stephen or Student) when it comes to recruiting but I do remember when I had a premium account there Student going to bat for him and saying that most Auburn fans would know his name if he were to divulge it.

I really hate to rain on anyones parade but the OldBallCoach who is a very well respected poster on Scout and does have access to some pretty high ups inside the AD and among the staff is saying the big 4 left are pretty much 50/50 amd none are silent commits. I know the Mayor and ST have had a pretty good record in their predictions and I'm not saying they are wrong but I did want to put this out there so people aren't too dissappointed if we miss on a few.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=5548605

While the OldBallCoach is respected, I have never gotten the impression he is that connected with the new staff or a recruitnik.  He may be right, but I just have never considered him to be a go to guy on recruiting info.  Other than and including Mark, Jason, and SA, austudent22 is the best "insider" on the board.  Usually, when he says it, it is money.

wde

Hogville.net has discovered this thread guys.   Mayor is getting blasted apparently he is making an A55 of himself.   :o

I'm sure the Mayor is tore up about what the piggies think of him  :laugh: Seriously though, the ones I see making an A55 of themselves is the piggies and they way they rip on Dakota.

I agree but still kinds ticks me off when people blast people they know nothing about.  It would be different if he was had 2 posts and we all believed him.    O well I guess it will blow up in their face when we sign Jones.  :wareagle:

Seems like arky fans are tearing themselves a new one with the bashing of instate recruits like that. I was blown away by some of the stuff ive read on there sites. I wonder if BJ has ever read any of these.

Seems like arky fans are tearing themselves a new one with the bashing of instate recruits like that. I was blown away by some of the stuff ive read on there sites. I wonder if BJ has ever read any of these.

You can bet both he and his friends and family have read these post. The same is true for Eric Mack and Marcus Lattimore and there families. It is a shame to degrade young men like this in front of their families for no reason.

Welcome to the Family Mr. Jones.  As time goes by you will become more and more aware of just how geat a decision this is for you.  It  will rapidly become evident this was the best decison in your life.  War Eagle

Hogville.net has discovered this thread guys.   Mayor is getting blasted apparently he is making an A55 of himself.   :o

I'm sure the Mayor is tore up about what the piggies think of him  :laugh: Seriously though, the ones I see making an A55 of themselves is the piggies and they way they rip on Dakota.

I agree but still kinds ticks me off when people blast people they know nothing about.  It would be different if he was had 2 posts and we all believed him.     O well I guess it will blow up in their face when we sign Jones.  :wareagle:

I hear you brother. Unfortunately people seem to a lot of things on the net that they wouldn't even think about saying if they weren't behind a computer screen.

You may want to hold back on your jubilation.  I think Auburn has made a move, but as of noon today, the father of one our commits confirmed Jones has not made a decision and has not informed anyone (including our coaches) that he is going to Auburn.

You may want to hold back on your jubilation.  I think Auburn has made a move, but as of noon today, the father of one our commits confirmed Jones has not made a decision and has not informed anyone (including our coaches) that he is going to Auburn.

I think it's close too. Latest I have heard is that the announcement will come on NSD at 10AM in Junction City. As I understand it, he plans to announce WITH Alan Turner. Read into that what you will, and again, just what I have heard not necessarily set in stone.

flexbone,

I have missed your posts on ITAT (unless you have changed your username). What is your feeling on how we finish?

wde

Oh man. Funny as hell reading over there on the hogville board. This prompted my first ever posting. I can't believe their mods still have that thread up. Someone with a facebook friendship to Jones aught to post a link to that thread so they can see the "respect" that arkansas fans have for potential recruits. Hoping that Jones signs with AU, I can't wait to get over to that site and watch the inevitable meltdown.

Also, I am not as confident as some that Jones will come here, but the delusional postings of arkansas fans on that board are roll on the floor funny (both about Jones and about the relative "power" of their program in general). No contact with reality. These guys are, potentially, worse than the mullets.

I think it's close too. Latest I have heard is that the announcement will come on NSD at 10AM in Junction City. As I understand it, he plans to announce WITH Alan Turner. Read into that what you will, and again, just what I have heard not necessarily set in stone.

Agree it's close but announcing with Turner means nothing.  Was always the plan.  If I had to bet right now, I think Jones goes to Auburn (I would have said differently a week ago), but it could go either way.

flexbone,

I have missed your posts on ITAT (unless you have changed your username). What is your feeling on how we finish?

wde

I like our odds on Whitaker and Lemonier especially.  I think we enter the dead period with some momentum on Byran Jones as well.  I really have no idea on Coleman or Lattimore.  Coleman isn't talking much, and when he does, he is noncommittal.  Lattimore has a TON of pressure on him.  I liked Auburn's chances a lot more a month ago, but if anyone says they know what Lattimore is going to do, they are lying.  Auburn will also end up adding a DB to this class in safety Ryan Smith or CB Cedric Smith if the numbers work out.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have spoke with someone that is in the know about the Jones situation and as of last night things were on the upswing for Auburn with Jones and they expected him to sign with Auburn. I can't confirm it's a done deal but I do feel good about him signing with Auburn on Wed.

Shew...Thank you ST for backing me up. I thought some of the AE members were going to have to drive down here and give me an old fashioned butt kicking since none of the stories have come out yet.  :laugh: You just gave me a stay of execution.  :laugh:

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have spoke with someone that is in the know about the Jones situation and as of last night things were on the upswing for Auburn with Jones and they expected him to sign with Auburn. I can't confirm it's a done deal but I do feel good about him signing with Auburn on Wed.

Shew...Thank you ST for backing me up. I thought some of the AE members were going to have to drive down here and give me an old fashioned butt kicking since none of the stories have come out yet.  :laugh: You just gave me a stay of execution.  :laugh:

I was just fixing to gas up the truck Mayor.  ;D

Definitely not stirring the pot or trying to start anything. Just stating my opinion based on information I have heard and read. Everyone out there has different information at times. That's why I'm here, just to find out as much as I can about Byran and to see how AU fans view him. It looks as thought most of you are as excited about the possibility of getting him as I am. He's one heck of a football player.

Have you guys heard how, when, where he plans to announce?

I personally, do not take any offense to anything you've posted. You are definitly entitled to your opinion and as a matter of fact, until the fax comes in on Wednesday, your opinion is worth as much as mine. I have it on good authority that Byran will sign with AU. He could very well change his mind in the next couple of days, I could look like a doofus and you could look like a hero. As of right now, your opinion is as valid as mine. I don't think anybody hates you and wants you to leave or anything...this is just my family over here. They're like my virtual brothers and sisters and they take care of me.  :laugh: :thumbsup:That's all. Peace.

Archived