Byran Jones has made his decision....

Guest shirley4au9

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have spoke with someone that is in the know about the Jones situation and as of last night things were on the upswing for Auburn with Jones and they expected him to sign with Auburn. I can't confirm it's a done deal but I do feel good about him signing with Auburn on Wed.

Thank you very much!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:party::devil::party:

If you count them like the bammers we have 4. We  have won the national championship 93,83,57,13.

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/nationalchampions/a/champions-list.htm

If we count them like bammers we will have 8, not 4

Team Organization

1910 6–1 team Loren Maxwell

1913 undefeated 8–0 team Billingsley, James Howell, 1st-N-Goal

1914 undefeated 8–0–1 team James Howell

'1957 undefeated 10–0 team Associated Press, Billingsley, Fleming, Football Research, Helms, James Howell,  

Massey Ratings, National Championship Foundation, Nutshell Sports, Poling, Sagarin, Sorensen, Williamson,

David Wilson

1958 undefeated 9–0–1 team Montgomery Full Season Championship

1983 11–1 team ARGH, Billingsley, DKC, Eck, FACT, Fleming, Football Research, James Howell, Massey Ratings,

New York Times, Nutshell Sports, Sorensen, Sparks Achievement, David Wilson, 1st-N-Goal

1993 undefeated 11–0 team Harry Frye, National Championship Foundation, Nutshell Sports, Sparks Achievement,

David Wilson

2004 undefeated 13–0 team Darryl W. Perry, EFI, FansPoll, GBE, Hank Trexler, M Cubed

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auburn_Tigers_football

I say we hire the SID that Bama did to add all those NC's to their history.....Yesssssss I think that is what we should do.

Interesting that AU fans claim the Turner offer is designed only to get Jones, and the Arky fans are positive that the Mosely offer was only to get Dyer. FWIW they also claim that Petrino would not even meet with Mosely as he is too slow for TE. No mention of the possibility of him playing OC-

FYI: Dakota Mosley is Under Armour All American. I don't think they give him All American spot just because he is Dyer friend. If Petrino didn't recruite Mosley, it is his loss. Plenty of teams willing to do that instead.

I really hate to rain on anyones parade but the OldBallCoach who is a very well respected poster on Scout and does have access to some pretty high ups inside the AD and among the staff is saying the big 4 left are pretty much 50/50 amd none are silent commits. I know the Mayor and ST have had a pretty good record in their predictions and I'm not saying they are wrong but I did want to put this out there so people aren't too dissappointed if we miss on a few.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=5548605

I never said we had any silent commits, I just said that certain players are leaning towards Auburn.

St can you explain what this thread is all about. Going through these posts i cant make sense of what has actually been going around lately of Byran Jones?

I really hate to rain on anyones parade but the OldBallCoach who is a very well respected poster on Scout and does have access to some pretty high ups inside the AD and among the staff is saying the big 4 left are pretty much 50/50 amd none are silent commits. I know the Mayor and ST have had a pretty good record in their predictions and I'm not saying they are wrong but I did want to put this out there so people aren't too dissappointed if we miss on a few.

FWIW he said Corey Lemoniore...

I know you haven't and I don't think any other mod has either. You do a very good job of stating what you know and not getting too involved into the speculation but a lot of people are reading to much into what is being said on here by others and making assumptions based on them. I would just hate that some people would be dissappointed in an already amazing class if we missed on a few that are still out there.

I never said we had any silent commits, I just said that certain players are leaning towards Auburn.

Definitely not stirring the pot or trying to start anything. Just stating my opinion based on information I have heard and read. Everyone out there has different information at times. That's why I'm here, just to find out as much as I can about Byran and to see how AU fans view him. It looks as thought most of you are as excited about the possibility of getting him as I am. He's one heck of a football player.

Have you guys heard how, when, where he plans to announce?

i disagree that he's a well respected poster on Scout. not that post count matters or anything but he doesn't even have 500 posts on Scout and from what i can remember of his previous posts, he's just a wannabe insider. jmo.

Funny thing is that Hogville posters already admit that there top recruits got away. Also interesting to note that something like 20 outta 23 commits are from OUTSIDE ARKY. That said, they believe their winning streak against AU will continue.

Hogville.net has discovered this thread guys.   Mayor is getting blasted apparently he is making an A55 of himself.   :o

I'm sure the Mayor is tore up about what the piggies think of him  :laugh: Seriously though, the ones I see making an A55 of themselves is the piggies and they way they rip on Dakota.

Funny thing is that Hogville posters already admit that there top recruits got away. Also interesting to note that something like 20 outta 23 commits are from OUTSIDE ARKY. That said, they believe their winning streak against AU will continue.

their a funny group up there :laugh: :laugh: :wedance:

Archived