John Brady next BBall coach?

aurules16

hell noooooooooo if he is the best thing available then yes, but there are better candidates out there than that

I would rather have Lebo than Brady. He is a strange dude. He had some bizarre episodes at LSU.

This has to be a joke! Do we have bammer alums running our athletic dept.?

First, Richardson goes out and CJL over CMA and now JJ is looking at hiring this dip chit.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

What makes you think Auburn is looking at hiring him? The only place I've seen that is in this thread.

Oh, wait! You read it on the interwebs so it must be true, right?  :laugh:

My first statement was "this has to be a joke". ;D

I always marveled at how little Brady got out of the talent he recruited. So now we want to go from a coach who can't recruit, but can coach a little, to a coach who can recruit and can't coach a lick. Hopes it's a terrible rumor. I believe LSU made it to the final 4 when Brady was about to get fired and the team knew it, so they started playing basketball for the first time ever under Brady. May be wrong...just from memory.

Well hey, if we are just going to bury our basketball program then let's just hire Nolan Richardson. At least we would have some exciting ball just before we get put on probation.  :laugh: :laugh:

NOT MY VOTE

not mine either. may as well keep lebo

I agree brothers, we have got to be able to do better than this.

I say we let Nell pull double duty and coach both  ;D

Her team finished 5-11 in the SEC this year. 10th seed at the SEC tournament. Lebo's team may do better than that and we're talking about firing him.

Her team finished 5-11 in the SEC this year. 10th seed at the SEC tournament. Lebo's team may do better than that and we're talking about firing him.

Nell is doing it with a young team while Lebo starts 4 seniors

BIG DIFFERENCE

I love Nell, she is great coach

I again state that I like Tony Barbee, Scott Drew, Travis Ford, even Danny Manning, or Brad Stevens. If Brady can recruit maybe bring him on as an assistant or something. But those are my top candidates. Im not sold on Alford after gettin run out at Iowa.

hell noooooooooo if he is the best thing available then yes, but there are better candidates out there than that

I would rather have Lebo than Brady. He is a strange dude. He had some bizarre episodes at LSU.

X2

Nell is doing it with a young team while Lebo starts 4 seniors

BIG DIFFERENCE

I love Nell, she is great coach

She's starting a fifth year senior, two juniors, a soph and a freshman. That's not a "young" team, that's about par.

What Fortner did was have three exceptional players fall into her lap in Bonner, Boddie and S. Hobbs. She followed that up with somehow getting T. Jackson away from Tenn. Then with final-four quality players on her hands she failed to get them into the sweet 16 in all the years of trying.

Now that Bonner, Boddie and Jackson are gone.I expect our women's program to wallow along at this year's rate until Allie Smalley graduates. Then we'll hit bottom and stay there until a change is made.

The women's program will be just fine. They will be much improved next year. They have 3 top 25 wins this year and has some very good talent coming in next year. Their season doesn't compare to what the men are doing.

The women's program will be just fine. They will be much improved next year. They have 3 top 25 wins this year and has some very good talent coming in next year.

That's similar to what I heard last year when I said they'd go into a nose dive because of failure to maintain good recruiting.

Their season doesn't compare to what the men are doing.

Women 14-15, 5-11

Men 14-15, 5-9.

Looks comparable to me. If anything, the men's team is doing better.

I think Lebo gets another year. Itll all be put to rest soon. I hope

The only way that will happen is if he is fired. If he is given another year this will continue all through next season.

Archived