Tony Barbee or Sam Mitchell

auburn4ever

If Barbee takes that other job, then we need to hire Mitchell. He's from Columbus, Georgia and he knows Auburn and the SEC. Plus he could also go get AAU players in Ga. & Fla.

I would love the Barbee hire as well. He has put together a solid program with some really good players. Take a look at the UTEP roster, he actually has big men! I don't mean just tall, skinny guys who couldn't sign with anyone else either- tall, big, athletic men who can actually play ball.

http://utepathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/utep-m-baskbl-mtt.html

Out of the names I've heard so far I like Barbee, Mitchell, Johnny Jones and my favorite Steve Alford. Would not complain about any of these guys.

I got on the Barbee bandwagon, then watched UTEP  immediately lose to Houston. Keep me as  far away for basketball as you can

Auburn4ever you have it!  Mitchel was coach of the Raptors for 2 years and is considered a bright basketball mind.  Very well connected with AAU and the recruits would love to play for a former NBA coach.  Bring in Chuck and as number one assistant and get him the college experience he needs and rally the AU basketball family.  Recruits  and fans would flock to that combo and they would not have to cheat.  They both have plenty of money and that would not be the deciding factor.  Give the program some swagger! The new arena is the catalyst that makes it all happen.  The regional and national news would be all over it and overwhelm the local Bama press.  I like it. 

The more I read, the more I like Mitchell and Barbee. Kids would flock to play for an NBA coach and Barbee seems to be a winner. If we do land Barbee, just get your tough skin on because the Ken and Barbie jokes will be flying like crazy.

Thank you. Someone emailed me and said coach Mitchell would take the job if Jay offered it. I hope he does.

Mitchell would be a solid, solid hire for us. I wonder if he is on JJ's "short list" or not. Matter of fact, I would be very curious to know who actually is.

Archived