AU vs ASU

ASU takes the first one 9-8....we'll try and even it tonight.  I think we have a really good team this year.  We'll be playing in Hoover.

We'll be playing in Hoover if we can find a bullpen. We had a 7-2 lead last night but ASU scored 6 runs in the 6th. With a bullpen we win that game last night. Our starters can give us 4-5 strong innings but then they sort of hit that proverbial wall. Cole should help us in that respect tonight. I can't wait to see what he does against a good hitting team like ASU. Seems like we found another weekend starter in Cory Luckie, now we need to find a consistent 3rd starter for SEC play.

We'll be playing in Hoover if we can find a bullpen. We had a 7-2 lead last night but ASU scored 6 runs in the 6th. With a bullpen we win that game last night. Our starters can give us 4-5 strong innings but then they sort of hit that proverbial wall. Cole should help us in that respect tonight. I can't wait to see what he does against a good hitting team like ASU. Seems like we found another weekend starter in Cory Luckie, now we need to find a consistent 3rd starter for SEC play.

In another thread I specifically said that our relief pitching will win or lose this series.  Looks like I was right... but I wish I wasn't.  Luckily, that problem can be fixed if handled the proper way. 

Our relief pitching will win or lose every series. We can score with anybody but we just can't quite find a way to get the ball to Hubbard in the 9th with relative consistency. Coach Pawlowski referenced that last night. If we can find a bullpen, we can conted for the west.

When does tonights game start?

Already started.  We are up 6-4 in the bottom of the 2nd.  Hargett is 2 for 2 and Morris hit a 3 run homer in the 1st.

Cole Nelson only lasted 2 and 1/3 innings. Gave up 4 hits, 6 earned runs, walked 4, struck out 3. Rough outing tonight. Hunter Morris is 2-2 thus far with a 3 run homer. Bullpen is going to be tested again. That hasnt exactly been a recipe for success so far this season.

Cole Nelson only lasted 2 and 1/3 innings. Gave up 4 hits, 6 earned runs, walked 4, struck out 3. Rough outing tonight. Hunter Morris is 2-2 thus far with a 3 run homer. Bullpen is going to be tested again. That hasnt exactly been a recipe for success so far this season.

The bullpen has struggled.  And ASU does not need any help to score runs. 

3-3 in the top of the 4th. Im following it on GameTracker

Link:http://auburntigers.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/gt_mbasebl.html?event=832167&school=aub&sport=mbasebl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Archived