AU vs ASU

I'm never "ok" with losing but I believe this is a great Auburn baseball team and our new coach is excellent. This ASU  team is not number 2 in the nation for nothing.  I have a feeling

this auburn team could place in the top 3 of the SEC this season

I'm never "ok" with losing but I believe this is a great Auburn baseball team and our new coach is excellent. This ASU  team is not number 2 in the nation for nothing.  I have a feeling

this auburn team could place in the top 3 of the SEC this season

I agree. I think this team has potential to be the best in a while.  The only thing that I am concerned about is the relief pitching. 

I think pithcing will come around.  Its still kinda early in the season and its been really cold and wet to be working out pitching.

You can honestly look at this series 2 ways. The very positive side is we went to Tempe and competed with the #2 team in the nation. We should have won the first game, had our chances the 2nd game, and really just got beat the 3rd. But, our offense continued its hot streak and we gave ASU all they could handle. However, the very negative side is our pitching. We didn't really pitch well at all this entire series honestly. We have got to find consistent pitching or this will be another long season in the SEC again, and we'll be scratching and clawing for that 8th spot in the Tourney. Our O is there, if we can get some relief pitching our entire team will be there.

I hope you optimists are right. I spent a lot of years coaching baseball and it's very hard to win with below average pitching. I can't help but think that our pitching is below average by SEC standards.

We go to Georgia next weekend? Here's hoping our outfielders don't have to wear crash helmets to protect their heads from line drives!

I'll tell you this if we can get just a little bit of pitching we are going to be tough to beat period! It seems like the defense is playing fairly decent. A previous poster is right though, if we don't then we will be in a dog fight for the 8th sdpot in the SEC which in past years hasn't worked out too well for us!

Archived