ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Well, time for someone else to step up. At least we got Schaefer back, he provides a big boost to the outfield.

We will see how Maholm pitches today...hope he comes back strong, we could use another strong arm back in the rotation. He's really being thrown into the fire today playing AT the Cardinals. He sucks on the road, ugh.

Elbow came back as 'negative' on Beachy, he is going to be out another 10 days or so. Uggla is coming back and was hitting well in his minor league warm-up games. I would like to see him come back with a vengence (although I'm VERY doubtful).

Walk-off winner in the 9th from Chris Johnson, this team just doesn't quit! Injury after injury and they just keep winning!

I love them very much but to be honest part of the reason they are winning is because they have the easiest schedule is baseball this year.

No oone saw that the nats and Phils would be this bad this year.

This. I personally fell to the media hype of Washington.

Up 13, 29 left to play.

Said it before and will say it again. The only race that matters at this point is home field. The Braves are 3 games up on the Cards and LA and 4 up on the Pirates.

Walk-off winner in the 9th from Chris Johnson, this team just doesn't quit! Injury after injury and they just keep winning!

I love them very much but to be honest part of the reason they are winning is because they have the easiest schedule is baseball this year.

Yes but the good ball teams continually beat the bad teams instead of slipping and losing series. The Braves have continued to win, & in many cases, sweep the bad teams while remaining competive with the good teams they've faced. The last Cards series wasn't the best but we pushed them around in the 1st series and solid pitching shut Cleveland down this week.

I agree, the only thing that is in doubt at this point is home field. I hope we get it, the last place I want to play a series is up in Pittsburgh. If they make it, that place will be electric like it was in ATL in 91.

Still, I'm counting the games. Magic # is 15. It's going to be a nice feeling after the late collapse a few years ago, and the wild card fiasco last year.

ATL is 2.5 games up on LAD and 4 games up on Pittsburgh for home field in playoffs. ATL has 24 games left to play. 15 up in the division.

Here's what we need to happen:

The order of teams I want to play first in the playoffs:

1) Pirates (this year, this will just be happy to be in the playoffs)

2) Dodgers (they scare me a little more than the Pirates, but they're still beatable)

3) Reds (too many power pitchers and big hitters for the Braves to overcome)

4) Cardinals (they have always had our number, and they have a tradition of winning)

For us to play the Pirates, they would have to fall to second or third in the Central, then win the wildcard game. No so likely. . .

Here's what we need to happen:

The order of teams I want to play first in the playoffs:

1) Pirates (this year, this will just be happy to be in the playoffs)

2) Dodgers (they scare me a little more than the Pirates, but they're still beatable)

3) Reds (too many power pitchers and big hitters for the Braves to overcome)

4) Cardinals (they have always had our number recently, and they have a tradition of winning)

For us to play the Pirates, they would have to fall to second or third in the Central, then win the wildcard game. No so likely. . .

A few things. The Dodgers are the biggest concern IMO. Over the past 66 games they are an astounding 53-13 which includes a 17-5 record versus teams above .500

Fived #4 fo you. We actually owned the Cards in the 90s which is why the Braves have become the second most hated team to the Cards fan based.

Pirates as the wildcard is not the only way they play the Braves. There are 2 other ways. 1. They can win the NL Central and the division round series and then play the Braves in the NLCS. 2. The Dodgers can win the best record and the Pirates could play the Braves in the first Round if the Pirates win the NL Central.

Edited by ellitor