Jalen Steele Update

AUSportTalk

just read that on al.com. so that opens up one slot.

any clearer on who might be his first signee aside from previous reports?

And ST, any update on potential assts yet?

Thanks!

just read that on al.com. so that opens up one slot.

any clearer on who might be his first signee aside from previous reports?

And ST, any update on potential assts yet?

Thanks!

I do not know who the first signee will be.

I have been told that Milt Wagner and Tony Madlock are joining Barbee at Auburn and it should be official soon.

Thanks for the update. Good news on the assts. UTEP still has a good write up on Tony and gives a lot of credit to him for the resurgence of their program there.

I don't have a problem with releasing this guy since he obviously no longer wants to be at AUBURN, but I do believe there should have been conditions attached. It's funny that after Lebo was fired, there were teams already contacting this guy about coming to them, which was a violation of NCAA rules since this guy had already signed the LOI with AUBURN. One of the teams violating the NCAA rules was Alabama (which really comes as no surprise regardless of sport) and now I'm hearing that the team favored to sign this kid is...Alabama. If this had been reversed and a signee wanted out of Alabama and AU had contacted the kid in violation of NCAA rules, the dear old Tide Nation and the media here in Alabama would be raising HELL about this. I think this kid should have been given his release on condition he could not sign with a SEC West program.

Archived