Calipari and Barbee

First, let me say this and get this out of the way: I was listening to Finebaum today. OK. I know most AU folks don't like him and don't listen to him, but since Birmingham radio---AM and FM---absolutely suck since the demise of K-99 Rock many years ago, there's just not much else to listen to. So, from time to time, I tune him in. Today's topic, at least when I was listening, involved Calipari and the Bledsoe kid from Parker High. So, of course, Bammers were calling in and trying to tie Calipari and Barbee together and the callers were saying that Cothren and the other guy from the HUnstville area (forgot his name) that Barbee signed will not qualify. Has anyone heard anything about that?

don't know about that but the little i know about basketball recruiting is it's a dirty game.  you walk a fine line between winning and cheating if you get my drift.

Both are expected to qualify. In fact, I believe I read somewhere that both are already qualified but I don't remember where that was.

If you must amuse yourself by listening to bamzos, fine, but never make the mistake of thinking they know what they are talking about.

If I remember right, both signees have said that they're qualified. Kemp Jr. is the one in question at this point. In an interview not long ago he said that he was working hard to get qualified.

Both are expected to qualify. In fact, I believe I read somewhere that both are already qualified but I don't remember where that was.

If you must amuse yourself by listening to bamzos, fine, but never make the mistake of thinking they know what they are talking about.

Josh Langford and his coach have both stated he is qualified. I think all Cothran has to do is graduate from prep school but not sure.

Its just Bammers daydreaming. No doubt Barbee and Calipari are friends, but Barbee has never been tied to any questionable recruiting practices that I know of.

Well, for starters, Coach Barbee was just a GA at UMass when the Camby fiasco happened.  Coach Cal and the school were also cleared of any wrongdoing anyways because the whole situation centered around Marcus and agents trying to get a jump on the rest of the competition.  Also, Barbee was not at Memphis anymore when the trouble started brewing there.

I listened to the interview he did on Sportscall shortly after being hired and Sharpie blountly asked him about his ties to Coach Cal and his supposed dirtiness.  He didn't get into any detail but basically said that the situations at UMass and Memphis were all basically a product of players making bad decisions.  

He had nothing but praise for Cal, stating that he was like a father figure and mentor to him.  He also went on about how Cal cared for his players deeply and was never at fault in either of the situations at UMass and Memphis respectively. The first thing he said when answering the question, though, was that he was his own man.  That's what really jumped out to me.

"Let me start out by saying I'm my own man" I believe were his exact words.

First, let me say this and get this out of the way: I was listening to Finebaum today. OK. I know most AU folks don't like him and don't listen to him, but since Birmingham radio---AM and FM---absolutely suck since the demise of K-99 Rock many years ago, there's just not much else to listen to. So, from time to time, I tune him in. Today's topic, at least when I was listening, involved Calipari and the Bledsoe kid from Parker High. So, of course, Bammers were calling in and trying to tie Calipari and Barbee together and the callers were saying that Cothren and the other guy from the HUnstville area (forgot his name) that Barbee signed will not qualify. Has anyone heard anything about that?

(translation) rolltarders are scared

Archived