USA vs Slovenia 2-2

AuburnEngineer

That was my first full game watching soccer so obviously I don't know the rules too well but what the hell happened? I don't understand why it wasn't a goal

At the hald, we were down 2-0.  We came out of the half and scored twice on amazng goals.  In about the 86', Donovan places an AMAZING free kick behind the line and Edu puts it in for our third goal... Or at least that's what the whole nation thought.  Probably the worst ref in the history of soccer called a foul on someone (he wouldn't say who or why), so the goal was waved off. 

Please note that this was not the only call he missed that hurt the US.  There were three that I can think of off the top of my head. 

Also note that this is the second world cup that America has been screwed over... last time against Italy.

Aight thanks bud. That's just plain ridiculous. So America has two ties right? What happens now?

Wel there are a number of things that can happen.  It all just depends on the England Vs. Algeria game today.  If They tie then we are in GREAT shape to move on.  Right now the points sit as so:

Slovenia (luckiest cheapest team on earth) - 4

USA - 2

England - 1

Algeria - 0

Now a tie gives you one point and a win gives you three.  So, if England and Algeria tie, That leaves us and England tied... With us to play Algeria and England to play Slovenia.  If England wins, we'll need them to take out slovenia and us to beat Algeria by 2. 

It's very possible that either situation happens... but a tie is our best situation.

Alright I think I got it bud I really appreciate it. Like I said I'm not a soccer man and I can't really sit there and watch a game from beginning to end but I do watch highlights and I like to keep up with it. Go USA!

Alright I think I got it bud I really appreciate it. Like I said I'm not a soccer man and I can't really sit there and watch a game from beginning to end but I do watch highlights and I like to keep up with it. Go USA!

Yeah world cup is literally the ONLY soccer I can watch.  I usuall hate the sport but the World Cup is exciting.

Anyway USA, USA, USA!!!!!!

I never thought I'd say this... but I was a little happy to see the stretcher come out at the end... He went for the foul and got hurt. 

Ok now I'll never say that again because I hatre when players get hurt... unless they are obviously going for the injury.

I never thought I'd say this... but I was a little happy to see the stretcher come out at the end... He went for the foul and got hurt. 

Ok now I'll never say that again because I hate when players get hurt... unless they are obviously going for the injury.

Sometimes people receive what they try to do to others. The officiating in this match was just about the worst I've ever seen in any sporting event. He didn't even call the match we were watching, that had to be for some other match. Unreal.

Ok now I'll never say that again because I hate when players get hurt... unless they are obviously going for the injury.

Sometimes people receive what they try to do to others. The officiating in this match was just about the worst I've ever seen in any sporting event. He didn't even call the match we were watching, that had to be for some other match. Unreal.

I just dont think it's a coincidence that every time we are about to win a game in the World Cup, some ref makes a TERRIBLE call. 

What was the deal with the yellow card when the ball hit our guy in the face?  Around the time donovan almost scored.

What was the deal with the yellow card when the ball hit our guy in the face?  Around the time donovan almost scored.

After the ball hit his face the momentum of the ball took toward his hand and hit his hand. The man was called for a handball. It had no basis in reality. Again,unreal.

Well the call has been revealed. The ref claims the foul was on Maurice Edu, the man who scored. I have no clue how that can be, and looking at the replay, Edu did not touch anybody. Horsecrap  >:(:banghead:

WOW,just WOW, talk about getting robbed of three points. :devil:

My man Edu should have been the hero GO RANGERS!

Good thing England had a draw,if we win our next game,were through to the knock out round !!!!!

WOW,just WOW, talk about getting robbed of three points. :devil:

My man Edu should have been the hero GO RANGERS!

Good thing England had a draw,if we win our next game,were through to the knock out round !!!!!

Yep, we control our own destiny. Just beat Algeria and we can forget about this terrible call

Archived