Chris Davis

Les81

This past weekend I was in the gym and got to talking to this guy. He happened to coach Chris Davis last year. From what he said... We are getting an outstanding kid and phenomenal football player. He did say something along the lines of "most football talent i have ever coached, smarts, ability, and work ethic, at times he just looked like a complete freak."

I look forward to watching this kid play!

Chris didn't get the buzz and press he deserved at Woodlawn. I'm looking forward to Auburn being the place that he gets it. He has some speed and I think he has the desire. This stuff is good to hear from his coach, thanks.

I'm thrilled becuase of the talent we have coming in this summer but Chris Davis is one of my favorites.  The kid should always have the ball in his hands or around the ball making plays.  Boys and girls we are definitely going to have speed on the field this season and especially next season!!.  I can't express the anticipation of this season and the potential Chris brings to the field.  All I can do is this:  :party: :party: :party:

I am telling you Auburn has got some good, underrated corners coming in. That's why Hood left. He knows he'll never see the field.

Just from what little video I have seen and from what I have read, I beleive this young man will make a name for himself while down on the plains :wedance: I think he will be the punt returner we tried to find last  year  :yay:

Due to his old school closing and him transferring to Woodlawn for his senior year Chris Davis was largely overlooked. While he was certainly the most talented player on the team, it was a team that did not draw a lot of attention. Having watched this young man play ball, I am convinced he will be an asset to the Auburn team. He actually thrives in an environment where the game is laid squarely in his hands. He does not choke or try and draw attention to himself, he simply gets the job done. Coming from Woodlawn, I doubt if he has ever been electronically timed, to me he plays much faster than his listing on the recruiting sites. I would compare him more to PPL and Antonio Goodwin in playing speed. He seems faster than Trovon Reed and that is not easy to do. It will be interesting to see where he fits in this year. He is not the kind of player that will be on the sidelines much. 

Due to his old school closing and him transferring to Woodlawn for his senior year Chris Davis was largely overlooked. While he was certainly the most talented player on the team, it was a team that did not draw a lot of attention. Having watched this young man play ball, I am convinced he will be an asset to the Auburn team. He actually thrives in an environment where the game is laid squarely in his hands. He does not choke or try and draw attention to himself, he simply gets the job done. Coming from Woodlawn, I doubt if he has ever been electronically timed, to me he plays much faster than his listing on the recruiting sites. I would compare him more to PPL and Antonio Goodwin in playing speed. He seems faster than Trovon Reed and that is not easy to do. It will be interesting to see where he fits in this year. He is not the kind of player that will be on the sidelines much. 

Hes very impressive on film... I know its hard to judge while not watching him play in person... but I am very high on this young man.

Archived