Glen Coffee retires....

aurules16

The al.com article implies that he was very religious and he might be moving his life in that direction.  If that is the case best of luck to him. 

Guest WarTiger

Nothing "fishy" going on. His heart is not in it (Or Singletary made his ass quit. Old gump beat writer Rapaport says he will probably enter the minstry. Thus his future is in the indoctrination of children.

Good for him! ... he was still overrated as a football player.

Nothing "fishy" going on. His heart is not in it (Or Singletary made his ass quit. Old gump beat writer Rapaport says he will probably enter the minstry. Thus his future is in the indoctrination of children.

Good to see the old Valour Fog,or Tigeri. Your input on things of faith are getting to predictable. ;)

If God is calling him into the ministry then that is what he needs to do. He seems to have handled the situation with class and respect to the team. I applaud his decision to enter the ministry if that is indeed what he is being called to do. Good luck Glen.

If God is calling him into the ministry then that is what he needs to do. He seems to have handled the situation with class and respect to the team. I applaud his decision to enter the ministry if that is indeed what he is being called to do. Good luck Glen.

Amen

You guys can get after him because he's a UAT alum all day, if you like.  But without knowning the reasoning, I'm not going to knock on the guy.  Hopefully he got that degree while he was in Turdville.

You guys can get after him because he's a UAT alum all day, if you like.  But without knowning the reasoning, I'm not going to knock on the guy.  Hopefully he got that degree while he was in Turdville.

He did earn his undergraduate degree from UAT. 

Even though he played for our most hated rival, I admire Coffee for having the courage of his convictions and giving up football (and a lot of money) to follow the path that he believes God has laid before him.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/08/full_story_glen_coffee_explain.html

This just looks lame.. I just don't buy into all the god given talent in the world, but hey god wants me to do something else... I personally believe when you sign a contract, you should honor it... A year's salary plus signing bonus is more than most of us will see in a lifetime... To accept that kinda cash, which if invested right can have you set for a lifetime, and then to bounce after one year is pathetic... I may be a little harsh, but it looks like he grabbed what cash he could, and hit the road.

This just looks lame.. I just don't buy into all the god given talent in the world, but hey god wants me to do something else... I personally believe when you sign a contract, you should honor it... A year's salary plus signing bonus is more than most of us will see in a lifetime... To accept that kinda cash, which if invested right can have you set for a lifetime, and then to bounce after one year is pathetic... I may be a little harsh, but it looks like he grabbed what cash he could, and hit the road.

You missed Head Coach Mike Singletary's comments didn't you?  :dunno: He had a meeting with Glen Coffee and said he has the highest respect for the man. He said Coffee didn't slack and went all out in his time on the football field. Thats all you can ask for.

I'm pretty sure Mike Singletary wouldn't have such a great opinion of Coffee if he just signed the contract for the money. Ever thought his God-given talent was in Ministry and not football? Its a possibility.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

:-\  Whatever.

Glen Coffee is a great guy and I respect him for this decision.  It's great to see a guy act on what he he's called by the Lord to do with millions of dollars at stake.  Btw, Glenn really wanted to come to Auburn, guys.  We just didn't offer.  Good luck to him and God Bless.

Glen was just on the Roundtable and this guy is a class act. It took great courage to do what he did. Well done sir, well done and Godspeed my brother.

Archived