2012 5* QB Jameis Winston (FSU signee)

RunInRed

I have several friends from the Hueytown area, and they all say if he does play college football that it will be a school that allow him to do both.  They keep saying that it is between FSU and LSU. 

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure hope he gets drafted by the braves so I don't have to root against him in baseball nor football  ;D

I really think that when given the option of having Zeke Pike committed and helping AU recruit or waiting for a potentially Kouandjio-esque castastrophe with Winston, they smartly picked Pike.  If they hadn't, CNS would likely have told Jameis to string AU along until signing day when he picks updyke.  Our coaches need to stay clear of these kinds of recruiting battles as I believe this is part of "the process"...to have AU coaches waste time/effort recruiting kids already solid to the darkside.

I just don't think Winston ever steps foot on the football field.

Have a buddy that is a high school coach, and that Winston is all about the money... So unless Alabama can pay.... wait nevermind, I take that back.

Have a buddy that is a high school coach, and that Winston is all about the money... So unless Alabama can pay.... wait nevermind, I take that back.

:laugh: :laugh: Good one!

If he goes the baseball route, IMO, it won't be as a pitcher. I don't see a team taking him high enough in the draft as a pitcher with a 92mph fastball to steal him away from football. As an outfielder, maybe. But his bat has to be a strong one. I don't know if his swing is good enough to warrant being picked that high.

If he goes the baseball route, IMO, it won't be as a pitcher. I don't see a team taking him high enough in the draft as a pitcher with a 92mph fastball to steal him away from football. As an outfielder, maybe. But his bat has to be a strong one. I don't know if his swing is good enough to warrant being picked that high.

We will find out in June.

We will find out in June.

Yes we will.

This kid is very talented. Most don't think he's even come close to his full potential because his focus is not just baseball or football. If he were to focus on just one, look out.

that is true that he hasn't focused on just one but the same can be said for pike, remember that pike has only one full season of quarterback under his belt so his potential is extremely high also

No Comment! :rolleyes:

IMO JW is a first round draft pick in baseball.  He should get a nice contract.

IMO JW is a first round draft pick in baseball.  He should get a nice contract.

Question: Let's just say that Winston goes to the Turds, then gets drafted in the first round in the baseball draft and is offered a huge contract. Do you think he'd be willing to take a pay cut to play football instead of baseball?

Archived